Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Musical Note & Stars Strippy Rag Quilt Formal Photograph Presentation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/musical-note-stars-strippy-rag-quilt-formal-photograph-presentation-t186437.html)

Bicycle Hobo 04-17-2012 09:58 PM

Musical Note & Stars Strippy Rag Quilt Formal Photograph Presentation

4 Attachment(s)
Here is some photos of my latest addition to my rag quilt collection for my daybed. I just completed it last Sunday (the last photo of the sample patches are the two fabrics used on the quilt's back-and peeks out at the ragged seams):

quilts4charity 04-18-2012 03:13 AM

I see it's been kitty approved!!!! Looks so soft and cuddly!!!

Blinkokr 04-18-2012 03:19 AM

Just beautiful, great job and thank you for sharing. I just love your quilt inspector.
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

erstan947 04-18-2012 04:36 AM

I love the larger pieces of the fabric. Some fabrics look better in larger pieces. So comfy looking and kitty proves it!:)

alikat110 04-18-2012 05:27 AM

Great job!!!!

Rose L 04-18-2012 05:49 AM

I love this pieced in strips, I've never seen one made that way before. Your fabrics are perfect together. The blues just make the prints sing. Great job!

Bicycle Hobo 04-18-2012 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by erstan947 (Post 5150362)
I love the larger pieces of the fabric. Some fabrics look better in larger pieces. So comfy looking and kitty proves it!:)

Originally Posted by Rose L (Post 5150597)
I love this pieced in strips, I've never seen one made that way before. Your fabrics are perfect together. The blues just make the prints sing. Great job!

Thank you all for your kind comments. I like to post photos of my completed quilts (especially the faster larger blocks/strips ones) as I want others with equally limited time to try it for themselves. I also like to experiment with rag quilts-even if most of them are destined for utility everyday uses & purpose. Another thing that I like about this type of quilt it is very forgiving of Hellion the little wildcat pictured above that loves to destroy anything she can get her claws into (she is, after all, a Bengal cat). So there you have it.

Originally Posted by Rose L (Post 5150597)

I also strive for something that perhaps not exactly the way most would have chosen to do it. I always love originality-or at least a good reinterpretation-of anything from a quilt to music.

And a much improved close up the backing "tie-dye" blue flannel fabrics photo:

mighty 04-20-2012 09:06 AM

Great work!!!!!!

BizzieLizzie 04-23-2012 05:10 PM

Lovely! Thank you for sharing. I might just try making one someday. I think that it has such a lovely effect on the quilt! Love your quilt inspector too!

Jammin' Jane 05-01-2012 08:43 AM

Looks great! Nice job! :)