Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My "Quilting Shed" is going up! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-%22quilting-shed%22-going-up-t106113.html)

mjmcafee 03-10-2011 04:53 AM

That is a great studio. Can't wait to see finished pictures of your studio.

kacy 49 03-10-2011 05:05 AM

Congratulations. You will love your "quilting shed". A cute little place to call your own. Love it.

Latrinka 03-10-2011 05:22 AM

wow, your own little sewing house! how cool is that!

tslowery 03-10-2011 05:29 AM

You will have your own little WOMAN CAVE...bravo...hope you have many many hours of happiness there...CONGRATS

grann of 6 03-10-2011 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by tellabella
I would squeeze in a little bar fridge (stocked up)...an inflattable mattress...and maybe a tv..and when the gang ticks me off, I would stay in my quilting house..I would love one of those...

And a porta potty right outside....

Bluebonnet Sue 03-10-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by sylviak

Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
Well, I live in the south and I am wondering if you will have a window air conditioner or where you may live. I am so happy for you! I would want a quilt barn block on the front, too! You are going to have so much fun in your quilt barn. Delighted for you!!

Yes, I will have an air conditioner! I think it will be a 12000 BTU. And I'm trying to find some "safe" electric heaters for the cooler months.

I love the idea of a quilt block on the front (and/or the side facing the road)! I hadn't thought of that!

I was going to make the same suggestion. This summer I am planning to design & paint one on my DMIL's wellhouse. She is loved the idea when I suggested it to her. She has been quilting since she retired & loves it. She enjoys piecing more though & has several dozen tops ready for quilting. Guess that might be my job too.

Bluebonnet Sue 03-10-2011 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by acesgame

Originally Posted by Caroline S
I have been thinking about building the same kind of thing. But I would make it a combo, big enough for sewing and quilting and a place for guests to bunk if they had to. Hmmm. I do have a tool shed about that size, all I would have to do is to move all of the stuff in the shed up to the horse barn (no horses anymore). Really got me thinking.

You should call your new space "Sylvia's Quilt Coop". :thumbup:

Shoot, go for the horse barn. I'll bet it's bigger!

My thought exactly! You don't want to have to move all that "stuff". Just repurpose the horse barn. Great idea.

Caroline S 03-10-2011 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnet Sue

Originally Posted by acesgame

Originally Posted by Caroline S
I have been thinking about building the same kind of thing. But I would make it a combo, big enough for sewing and quilting and a place for guests to bunk if they had to. Hmmm. I do have a tool shed about that size, all I would have to do is to move all of the stuff in the shed up to the horse barn (no horses anymore). Really got me thinking.

You should call your new space "Sylvia's Quilt Coop". :thumbup:

Shoot, go for the horse barn. I'll bet it's bigger!

My thought exactly! You don't want to have to move all that "stuff". Just repurpose the horse barn. Great idea.

The problem with the horse barn is it is up in the pasture; no electricity and water. But it has the best view of Mt. Rainier on our property. Hmmm! I will think about your idea.

Another idea I had was to take over part of the garage which would mean a huge conflict with DH even though we never use it for vehicles. Hmmmm! Got to quit thinking for awhile.

GramaLaura 03-10-2011 07:14 AM

Oh, How wonderful is that!!! A private place all your own.

khlrkat 03-10-2011 07:43 AM

you will have fun in there