Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my attempt at a jigsaw puzzle quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-attempt-jigsaw-puzzle-quilt-t20990.html)

Marcia 06-06-2009 06:38 PM

Susy---You did an awesome job---and no pattern!!! I am impressed. I think your grandson is going to absolutely love it!

JoanneS 06-10-2009 07:01 PM

The 'puzzle' piece is the symbol for autism, and a quilt like this is on my 'to do' list. Susy, you did an AWESOME job without having a pattern! I started trying to figure out how many different blocks there are in it and gave up :shock: :shock: :shock: How many are there?

There has been a special production of autism puzzle fabric - which I didn't buy when I should have :oops: :oops: :oops: It has multi-color puzzle pieces - don't know the color of the background. Has anyone seen it? I didn't look at ALL the fabrics during my Bunny Hop madness, but probably should have! Both of my grandsons are autistic, and I want to make 2 MORE quilts for them. They've just about worn out the quilts I've already made!

sapdoggie 06-10-2009 07:23 PM

Love the colors. Great attempt and wonderful results. Keep expanding your talents.

sapdoggie 06-10-2009 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
The 'puzzle' piece is the symbol for autism, and a quilt like this is on my 'to do' list. Susy, you did an AWESOME job without having a pattern! I started trying to figure out how many different blocks there are in it and gave up :shock: :shock: :shock: How many are there?

There has been a special production of autism puzzle fabric - which I didn't buy when I should have :oops: :oops: :oops: It has multi-color puzzle pieces - don't know the color of the background. Has anyone seen it? I didn't look at ALL the fabrics during my Bunny Hop madness, but probably should have! Both of my grandsons are autistic, and I want to make 2 MORE quilts for them. They've just about worn out the quilts I've already made!

Hobby Lobby has the autism puzzle fabric if you are close to one.

KittyGram 06-10-2009 07:43 PM

These jig saw puzzle quilts have got to be the cutest quilts I've ever seen!! It's on my to-do list!!!! Love it!

LeftyOne12 06-12-2009 09:12 PM

Your quilt is great for a grandson. Very well made too. May

Evelynquilts 06-13-2009 03:45 AM

love your quilt...gave me a new idea for Linus...thanks for posting.... :D

ranger 06-13-2009 04:14 AM

Susy, I love your puzzle quilt!!! You did a great job. He'll love it. What size is the quilt? I'm guessing about 54x74.

To all forum members---I am trying to find out how to piece this pattern from pics I've seen. How do you think it would look using busy, sports- themed fabrics for the puzzle pieces---would it lose the bold, graphic look that Susy's quilt has?

TFS.

ranger

marty_mo 06-13-2009 05:45 AM

Nice job ~ I'm sure he will love it!!

JoanneS 06-13-2009 10:15 AM

Ranger - do you have one of the EQs? You could try pasting your fabric into EQ and putting it into the puzzle quilt to see how it looks.