Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Avatar (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-avatar-t151225.html)

Bettia 09-08-2011 08:27 AM

That is absolutely beautiful.
How long did it take you to make this piece of art?

labug 09-08-2011 08:31 AM

Beautiful

dphelps 09-08-2011 08:55 AM

Very Pretty and I love the quilting.

jograma 09-08-2011 08:56 AM

Gorgeous quilt-beautiful applique but I especially love the border..Great job!

Beulah 09-08-2011 09:15 AM

Beautiful quilt and thinks for confirming for me what an "avatar" is. I am new to this group. I have been reading for about two years but never participated before. Great learning and sharing tool. Beulah

rvsfan 09-08-2011 09:16 AM

The amount of applique on this is amazing.

lmc8 09-08-2011 09:19 AM

Bravo, Well done.

RuthFru 09-08-2011 09:21 AM

Thank you for showing us you Avatar, it is beautiful and your hand work is wonderful.

Julia 09-08-2011 09:30 AM

Afraid you don't want to really know. LOL
But it took me about 6 years to get it totally finished.
But it should not take that long, family life got in the way.
We were snowbirds in Florida for the winter and Arkansas for the summer. I started it in Florida, came home for Christmas, Hubby had heart attack, with lots of brain damage before they brought him back. So In between him being in hospital for a month, then to a rest home, then home, I just kept hoping I would be able to get back to quilting.
Then life took another turn. Sold the home in Florida and moved all that stuff back to AR to storage. Then daughter moved back home from Alabama to help me take care of hubby. Now I have another houseful. So I sold the AR. house and proceeded to build a bigger one. All the while I kept piddling along with the applique.
Finally after moving into the new house, smile, with a dedicated sewing room, I finally finished the quilt, then broke my arm patting myself on the back. But I'm still motivated to quilt. LOL
Have a great day, Its a beautiful one here in Fort Smith.
Julia

gigi10 09-08-2011 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Julia
Afraid you don't want to really know. LOL
But it took me about 6 years to get it totally finished.
But it should not take that long, family life got in the way.
We were snowbirds in Florida for the winter and Arkansas for the summer. I started it in Florida, came home for Christmas, Hubby had heart attack, with lots of brain damage before they brought him back. So In between him being in hospital for a month, then to a rest home, then home, I just kept hoping I would be able to get back to quilting.
Then life took another turn. Sold the home in Florida and moved all that stuff back to AR to storage. Then daughter moved back home from Alabama to help me take care of hubby. Now I have another houseful. So I sold the AR. house and proceeded to build a bigger one. All the while I kept piddling along with the applique.
Finally after moving into the new house, smile, with a dedicated sewing room, I finally finished the quilt, then broke my arm patting myself on the back. But I'm still motivated to quilt. LOL
Have a great day, Its a beautiful one here in Fort Smith.
Julia

You have had an amazing amount of life in your quilting. Quilting is such good therapy. How is your DH? Amazing>>>>