Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Bailey's 17 Home Quilter - Almost finished!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-baileys-17-home-quilter-almost-finished-t62271.html)

kristen0112 08-30-2010 05:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Oh my goodness! I had no idea how much work it would be assembling the Grace Pro GMQ, and then setting up the Bailey's 17" home quilter machine with stitch regulator. It took nearly a week - scratch that I think it was a week. My dad finally had to come over and help me finish part of it this morning. When it comes to directions I am a picture kind of gal and the directions for the last steps of setting up the stitch regulator were type written - yikes. There were all these nuts, bolts, and washers and nothing was labeled...But we did it - I think. I am about to finish making the last fabric leader and then put some fabric and batting in to practice!!!

Facing into the quilting aka 'family room'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107846[/ATTACH]

Three of my sewing machines, you can't see the Viking its down in the sewing cabinet - its old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107849[/ATTACH]

Dad and I struggled to get those handles straight and they are still a little crooked
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107850[/ATTACH]

Facing out the quilting room aka 'family room'
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107851[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 08-30-2010 05:42 PM

Oh that will be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
You're almost done! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Jingle 08-30-2010 07:08 PM

I can read directions and go by pictures also, I seem to need both, we usually just call oldest Daughter and Hubby, they are fast and enjoy putting things together.
I don 't have room for a long arm and frame. I'm glad you do and glad you got one, happy quilting to you.

craftybear 08-30-2010 08:09 PM

Wow, have fun with your long arm!

charismah 08-30-2010 08:20 PM

Great job!

Sheree from Chicago 08-30-2010 08:49 PM

So exciting! Have fun with it!

trif 08-30-2010 09:52 PM

Very exciting!!! Have a good time with your new toy, I have a bailey 13" on a little gracie frame, I love her, I named her Betsy, Betsy Bailey.
Enjoy!

Lacelady 08-31-2010 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
I can read directions and go by pictures also, I seem to need both, we usually just call oldest Daughter and Hubby, they are fast and enjoy putting things together.
I don 't have room for a long arm and frame. I'm glad you do and glad you got one, happy quilting to you.

You might have room for a long arm Jingle, even if you don't have room for the frame. Check out the HQ16 Sit Down. I have just ordered one and I'm waiting for delivery. I have never seen this advertised, so didn't know it existed until I went to the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham (UK) recently. It still means you have to move the quilt under the needle, as opposed to moving the needle over the quilt when you have a frame, but I am really looking forward to all that SPACE instead of fighting it under my regular machine.

SueDor 08-31-2010 02:13 AM

Looks great, have fun.

mawmawbeve_60 08-31-2010 02:54 AM

getting ready to quilt a quilt with my Bailey...