Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   This is my best buddy. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-best-buddy-t153282.html)

COYOTEMAGIC 09-17-2011 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
They will always be hair dispensers, but the Furminator does a better than average job of removing excess hair. I gave one to my sister for her hair dispenser and she loves it.

Incidentally, my avatar does not shed. :)

Furminators are wonderful!! My girls don't shed like your boy does. They do "blow" their coat once in the spring. My cats however shed constantly!! I use the Furminator on those long-haired fall balls once a week and it does wonders preventing the massive fur bunnies from blowing out from underthings when the door opens.

I send all my groomed fur to a friend of mine that spins it and then weaves or knits it into wonderful things. Don't think it strange. People Wear wool, angora, and alpaca. Sheep, bunnie, goats, and, er, well, alpaca. Just think about snuggling down in an warm kitty cat fur scarf!

wartime jane 09-17-2011 01:52 PM

He is beautiful. Exactly the kind of mix my man wants. Seizure alert dogs are amazing.

I have a cat who is part Malamute. I vacuum every day.

bearisgray 09-17-2011 01:54 PM

He is magnificent looking.

Sassylass 09-17-2011 01:56 PM

My he is gorgeous!!! When I had two dogs that shed like the dickens you would always find hair in the house..Both Amy and Sassy would seem to "throw" chunks of hair out. Yes, I would brush them, comb them and was tempted to take the vacuum to them too......but didn't. LOL
Now I have one and there is still lots of hair to contend with..and that is fine...love her to bits.

hspirit_99 09-17-2011 02:06 PM

we have a husty/wolf, he is the sweetest dog i have had. he thinks our kitties are his babies and gives them baths. they hate it. you will get lots of love from your new best friend. i know i do from mine.

chickadeee55 09-17-2011 02:14 PM

My mom use to always say, the sign of a good dog is how much they shed. Don't ask me where that came from, but she use to always say that, and growing up we had a shepard mix with a collie, excellent dog, and yes he did shed.

Beautiful dog.

bisseau 09-17-2011 02:25 PM

Lucky you....Enjoy!

mtnative 09-17-2011 02:27 PM

Great dog!

madamekelly 10-11-2012 10:31 AM

Yukon King recently had his first medical emergency. OMG! It was as bad as having one of the kids injured. He had a plugged gland and overnight, he had chewed through his own skin! He has recovered very nicely, but I don't think I will ever get over finding him that way first thing in the morning. While King was recovering, I had to give him huge antibiotic capsules. My neighbor gave me a wonderful tip. Make a half sandwich of peanut butter, put the capsule in the sandwich, and give it to him. Easiest way to feed a dog a pill! The only problem is that my dog is now addicted to peanut butter!

romanojg 10-11-2012 10:59 AM

He gorgeous. I love German Shepards. I know what you are talking about with the hair. I don't even put my vacuum away because it gets used everyday and more than once on my days off. I have two shedders but love them both to death. I've just recently heard about the siezure alert dogs; there was an episode of the Good Wife that had one. I have a siezure disorder and they are trying to find out what causes mine; I've had 3 over 18 yrs and no real known cause. Good luck with your wonderful new pet.