Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Border Collie Quilt Top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-border-collie-quilt-top-t84612.html)

xenodeno 12-22-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
Love it. Great job!

Thank you!

xenodeno 12-22-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by dunster

Originally Posted by xenodeno

Very creative. Lots of sheep - border collies would love it too. What are you going to do with the rest of the panels? Put some on the back? Make another quilt? Pillows?

My sister is in a group of Border Collie Rescuers, I thought I might offer to do some pillows, wall-hangings for them.

I bet you could do another quilt and they could auction it for big $$. Just a thought...

Hmmm...I'll see what sis has to say about that. Thanks for the suggestion.

KathyAire 12-22-2010 07:29 PM

I love dog quilts. Good job.

luvspaper 12-22-2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by suebee
I love border collies. I have a rescue mix w/ lab. He is my Avatar picture, thats Simon. He's a goofball.
Your quilt is awesome, thank you for sharing!! Merry Christmas

Too funny, I also have a rescue mix BC/lab....except he has more white than your Simon. He was right here helping me quilt just a few minutes ago...

To the OP, I LOVE this quilt! I hope it brings your sister a lot of happiness!

oksewglad 12-22-2010 09:12 PM

Oh how wonderful! Where did you find the fabric? We have 2 BC's, our second male-female pair, DH swears they are smarter than he is! Reason we have two--second one keeps the first one out of trouble. This time of year they get antsy as not enough work to do. Cows don't go to pasture knee deep in snow!

mom2suki 12-22-2010 11:18 PM

Oh, I really love this! I have a border collie, Gretchen, who loves to be responsible for our three cats!!! Hoping to one day make a wall hanging in her honor!

mmonohon 12-22-2010 11:30 PM

Fabulous. Love the fabric panels. I have two border collies who concur that the quilt is awesome.

mmonohon 12-22-2010 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by xenodeno

Very creative. Lots of sheep - border collies would love it too. What are you going to do with the rest of the panels? Put some on the back? Make another quilt? Pillows?

My sister is in a group of Border Collie Rescuers, I thought I might offer to do some pillows, wall-hangings for them.

My avatar is my rescued border collie. A great cause.

xenodeno 12-23-2010 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by mom2suki
Oh, I really love this! I have a border collie, Gretchen, who loves to be responsible for our three cats!!! Hoping to one day make a wall hanging in her honor!

Ahhhh! The keeper of the cats! She certainly deserves a commemorative wall plaque. That is a very heavy responsibility!
Catherder! LOL

wolph33 12-23-2010 06:47 AM

really love it.I have 4 dogs,one is a border collie and malamute mix.