Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Christmas Aprons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-christmas-aprons-t34084.html)

Jim's Gem 01-13-2010 06:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So one week before Christmas I decided I would make aprons for all the ladies in my family. I had dh pull out all my old Christmas fabrics, most of which I would not use in a quilt (JoAnn's Purchases many years ago)
Mind you, I had shoulder surgery Nov 6 on my right arm (I'm right handed) and was still in a sling until the 21st of December.
I made 9 aprons. It near killed me! Cutting the fabrics was the toughest part. I would make a cut, go sit and stretch my arm, make another, etc. Pressing was tough as well.
I can't believe I got them all done and everyone except DD#3 was surprised. I did have her help me choose colors for each person since she was here home from College. It was also hard to hide from her because of that.
From left to right, my DD#3 Megan, DD#1 Elizabeth (she's the army sergeant) DH's brothers wife Carrie, Maya DS's current girlfriend, Myself (the fat one) My MIL Marilyn and SIL Cynthia. I also made one for DD#2 Jennifer (she doesn't live in the same town) and for DS's ex girlfriend Emily, who we really enjoy having hang out here.

Taken in front of my home Christmas Day
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64242[/ATTACH]

mgrhs 01-13-2010 06:22 PM

how cute

beachlady 01-13-2010 06:38 PM

Very nice. Did they help with the cooking?

Jim's Gem 01-13-2010 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Very nice. Did they help with the cooking?

Yes. I told everyone I was not cooking. My daughter Megan was in the kitchen all day!! My oldest helped out in the morning while she was here but left around 1:00 to be with her in-laws. My SIL's each had a dish or two they prepared and DH and his brother smoked a full prime rib roast and a 20 lb turkey. The guys did a lot of the dishes, but we had to kick Megan out of the kitchen she was in there so much. I spend a bit of time in the kitchen directing people where to find things. I think the dishwasher was run 5 times that day and we really only served 2 meals!!!

BKinCO 01-13-2010 07:37 PM

They are so cute! You did a great job and I can't believe you did all that with an injury! Amazing!

Pickles 01-13-2010 09:18 PM

Those are so cute and what a nice and thoughtful gifts also,
a very nice looking family as well.

tlrnhi 01-13-2010 09:53 PM

Great job, love them!

charismah 01-13-2010 10:07 PM

nice job! ALl the sweat and pain that went into those....I am sure they love them!

rootyr 01-14-2010 02:48 AM

They are great!

PuffinGin 01-14-2010 03:02 AM

The aprons look great and I'm sure were perceived as extra-special gifts because of what you went through to make them. Even though it sounded painful, especially the cutting, I think it was good therapy for regaining full use of your surgery. Even though I've never had that kind of surgery, my DMiL has and the PT was a large part of recovering function.