Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   ""My"" Christmas quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-christmas-quilt-t223751.html)

spartan quilter 06-15-2013 11:04 AM

""My"" Christmas quilt

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here is quilt #6, with only 6 more to go for the year. I was at a quilting weekend, this past March, where they had The Bargain Barn, where women bring sewing items that they want to clean out of their sewing room and I found a ziploc bag which had the stars all cut for 20 blocks, and scraps of that fabric, and the green fabric, uncut and it cost me $5. I had to buy the red fabric and white fleece for the backing. The Y seams of the stars were a little scary, but after playing with the pieces, I figured out a rhythm and they came out just fine for me. I put the word MY in parenthesis in the title, because I am telling my 3 daughters that it is mine, but come Christmas time, I will draw out one of their names and it will go home with them. I love to surprise them, and I sure can't hide it from them, when they stop in often and see what I am sewing. Hopefully, God will forgive me this little white lie. It measures 60x72. I used gold thread on the front, which blended well with the gold in the fabric and red thread on the white fleece of the backing. Happy with how it turned out.Enjoy looking and wish me luck, getting the next 6 done before the end of the year. My goal is 1 a month, and so far, so good, but summer is hard, with all the yard work.
Happy Father's Day to all the men out there.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419142[/ATTACH]

MartiMorga 06-15-2013 11:09 AM

A beautiful quilt, from a fantastic find! Yes, I would be keeping that one myself too. But I don't have any daughters, lol, I am sure they can be ....... tempting....

Bonnie 06-15-2013 11:49 AM

That is sure a beauty.

coastienest 06-15-2013 11:51 AM

What a gorgeous quilt. You are so lucky to have had the opportunity to finish it. One of your daughters will fall in love immediately when she realizes it is for her. Good job on the quilt a month. Last year between mid October and Christmas I decide to make one for each of my 3 children. Did it wait 3 days to spare. I'll never try that again!! Here's rooting for you for the rest of 2013.

owlvamp 06-15-2013 11:54 AM

A very beautiful quilt. Put my name in the drawing at the end of the year too.LOL

bloocar 06-15-2013 01:14 PM

Absolutely gorgeous. You did a superb job piecing it, and quilting it. Please put my name in the hat! LOL

Quilter 65 06-15-2013 01:22 PM

Love LeMoyne star stack and whacks. I sure think you got a wonderful bargain. Smashing!!!

2011wannaquilt 06-15-2013 01:42 PM

Please feel free to "draw" my name. This is one beautiful quilt.

QuiltnNan 06-15-2013 02:20 PM

nicely done

QuiltE 06-15-2013 02:46 PM

Great quilt ... I bet the person who put it into the bargain table, will wish they had it now.

No shame in calling it's MY quilt .... as it is YOURS, til you give it away! :D
And maybe by then, you will decide to keep it all to yourself!!! ..... Why not?