Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Christmas zigzag WIP... that I am finishing with my NEW BERNINA!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-christmas-zigzag-wip-i-am-finishing-my-new-bernina-t23372.html)

Marcia 07-28-2009 02:46 PM

Lisa---that is a really neat quilt! I hope you post another pic of it when it is finished.

kay carlson 07-28-2009 04:17 PM

What fantastic news to hear about your new machine, Lisa :D I am so happy for you...........

Your WIP is going to be beautiful and your sewing room will be just the place to be creative!!

Many happy hours with your new buddy.

Kay Susan

Shemjo 07-28-2009 06:02 PM

Congrats on your new machine. I know you will enjoy it for a long time! :lol:

sharon b 07-28-2009 06:07 PM

Congrats on the new machine and Love the Zigzag quilt ! Great job :lol:
Sharon

nursie76 07-28-2009 06:09 PM

Lisa, congrats on the new machine. I just got a Bernina 440 QE with the BSR, and I am in love! I named her Nina and then went back and got the embroidery module (named it Fancy) :D
Your quilt is very pretty. I love the colors! Did you get free lessons with your machine? I am slowly exploring both the machine and the embroidery module on my own, but the class is next Friday and I can hardly wait.
I felt like I should send out birth announcements!
:lol:
Athome: I too think that I would have trouble saying goodby if I should ever decide to trade up!

Enjoy, enjoy!!! Keep up the beautiful work and send more pics as you go.

blahel 07-28-2009 06:32 PM

lucky you getting a new machine..and your quilt is looking great too! I too have a bernina and love mine!

Lisa T 07-28-2009 07:19 PM

Yep, I got a lesson- the owner of the lqs sat with me for an hour or so and went through all of the bells and whistles. Since I don't have "Fancy"-lol at that!- or the BSR, it really wasn't too difficult.

Thanks all for the compliments on my WIP/zigzag. I have it all sewed together and now have to... grrr.... baste.

nursie76 07-29-2009 04:23 AM

I hear you! Basting is not much fun. I haven't made a full size quilt yet, but I was thinking about malylbe getting a long arm quilter to baste it. I have heard that can be done. But just thinking...

Iluv2quilt 07-29-2009 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa T
BW- I was planning to sort of double stitch in the ditch. Like on both sides of the seam. This will be my first time machine quilting an actual quilt so I MIGHT just do a grid. Make it a little easier on myself. I will post pics of the finished quilt later this week. Because I WILL get the thing done. If I can tear myself away from my computer. This board is so addicting. I sit down to post a couple pics... and 2 hours later... here I still sit.

LOL, I have the same problem, just want to check in to see what's up and I'm still here 2 hours later, not getting anything else done. It's very addicting! :D

Your zigzag quilt is awesome! I think stiching in the ditch on both sides would look amazing, but a lot of work. I can't wait to see what you decide for quilting.

quiltwoman 07-29-2009 04:45 AM

REally pretty. Glad you are loving the new machine.