Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Dear Jane quilt, 'Jane, Past and Present' (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-dear-jane-quilt-jane-past-present-t55808.html)

Djohnson 07-24-2010 10:39 AM

Beautiful"

Linda1 07-24-2010 11:07 AM

That quilt is gorgeous and the color placement really sets it off.

Dee 07-24-2010 11:11 AM

That quilt is out of this world. Just Beautiful.

rhueluna 07-24-2010 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, I am so jealous. I am making mine to match Jane's as much as possible, but now I am almost sorry I didn't pick my own colors. I am not that fond of brown, but wanted Jane's quilt. Yours is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe you did it so fast. Congratulations. I have finished row E and its not in the picture, but here it is so far. I am hand piecing and hand quilting it.

Ms. Shawn 07-24-2010 11:26 AM

Stunningly Beautiful, O'My Gosh :shock: :shock: :shock: I Love your Wonderful Quilt!!!! Terrific Job :!: :!: :mrgreen: :-D :-) :lol: :lol: :wink: :XD: :XD: :thumbup: :mrgreen: :!: :!: :thumbup: :shock: :shock:

Lacelady 07-24-2010 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
Wow, I am so jealous. I am making mine to match Jane's as much as possible, but now I am almost sorry I didn't pick my own colors. I am not that fond of brown, but wanted Jane's quilt. Yours is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe you did it so fast. Congratulations. I have finished row E and its not in the picture, but here it is so far. I am hand piecing and hand quilting it.

You are making a great job of it Rhue - pat yourself on the back, yours is far more authentic looking. I have to admit that brown isn't one of my favourite colours either, but I suspect that a lot of what looks like brown today might have been brighter in Jane's day.

rhueluna 07-24-2010 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by rhueluna

You are making a great job of it Rhue - pat yourself on the back, yours is far more authentic looking. I have to admit that brown isn't one of my favourite colours either, but I suspect that a lot of what looks like brown today might have been brighter in Jane's day.

I also noticed some of the patterns in the book don't match Jane's actual blocks and I am adjusting them to be closer than the pattern. I wonder why the author changed the designs in places. I may be the only one that noticed. I am noticing too that the brown isn't so bad when you get that splash of pink, blue and yellow in between. And then the red highlights. I am pleased so far, but what a challenge some of the blocks are. I hate paper piecing and tried it a few times with no luck on it pleasing me. I find it very rewarding to hand piece them and it doesn't take as long as you would think it does. Probably would take me longer to paper piece. :)

ronnie17 07-24-2010 12:51 PM

This is stunning! I particularly like the border pieces -- they add so much! Your do lovely work. Thanks for sharing

jolo 07-24-2010 01:02 PM

Rhue your blocks are very nice . I like the hand work.

quiltermomo 07-24-2010 02:16 PM

Wow! I don't have enough years left to even tackle this quilt. You did a beautiful job. I love your label too.:)