Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-favorite-house-blocks-lets-see-yours-t42243.html)

n2scraplvr 06-26-2010 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another one:

Maria C 06-26-2010 05:17 PM

n2scraplvr I have nearly done my house quilt now and just have to add boarders to it. I have put it under a new posting so once again thanks for the ispiration.

n2scraplvr 06-26-2010 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Maria C
n2scraplvr I have nearly done my house quilt now and just have to add boarders to it. I have put it under a new posting so once again thanks for the ispiration.

Your welcome, Maria! And we just love the house quilt you did! Hope you will see my "Part 2" of the house blocks!! The book you referenced had great ideas for house blocks that were so unique and so glad to see you applied what you learned! It turned out beautiful of what I've seen so far. Can't wait to see it finished!! It'll be stirking for sure!!
;) ;) :thumbup:

charcrfts 06-28-2010 06:39 AM

Thank you very much for making these patterns, n2! I can't wait to get started on my quilt. By the looks of the patterns, I better start as soon as possible, since I'm not too speedy at applique!!! Are the three beach houses designed for paper piecing like the cabana?

RedGarnet222 06-28-2010 06:51 AM

What a fun thread! Thanks for posting it.

n2scraplvr 06-28-2010 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by charcrfts
Thank you very much for making these patterns, n2! I can't wait to get started on my quilt. By the looks of the patterns, I better start as soon as possible, since I'm not too speedy at applique!!! Are the three beach houses designed for paper piecing like the cabana?

Your welcome! I decided not to draw more lines on the patterns for PP so I've left those decisions up to you when you print your blocks out. Some people may want to applique doors and windows. It's a good thing too as I left real skinny strips for sashing the doors and windows. But I wanted the windows big and noticeable and the doors good sizes too! We just can't have everything! Here's a tip for the applique: Have everything prepped first and applique goes real fast then! Eliminate the starch! You don't need it. I just use a small dish of water and paint brush to "steam" my seams!! It works great! Hope that helps!

Let me know if you want me to add lines and #s to the patterns for PP and I'll repost them! n2! I would love using these patterns too! Think I'll try some out today. :roll: :roll: ;)

n2scraplvr 06-28-2010 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
What a fun thread! Thanks for posting it.

Your welcome, RedGarnet222!! Hope you'll try out some of these!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sheila Elaine 07-07-2010 02:14 PM

Very quaint houses all of them. Lots of time spent making them, I'm sure.

LeeAnn 07-07-2010 05:09 PM

Love those houses....thanks for sharing. It was a treat.

n2scraplvr 07-07-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by LeeAnn
Love those houses....thanks for sharing. It was a treat.

Thank you, Sheila Elaine and LeeAnn! Those houses are just too cute! WTG to the makers!!

:-D :-D