Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-favorite-house-blocks-lets-see-yours-t42243.html)

rootyr 04-09-2010 02:37 PM

Absolutely wonderful!

TammyD 04-09-2010 02:38 PM

Wow! I love them! What a variety! Very impressive!

n2scraplvr 04-09-2010 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by TammyD
Wow! I love them! What a variety! Very impressive!

Aren't they great??

:thumbup:

sew cornie 04-09-2010 02:55 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your collection! That was so much fun to see. I may bookmark this one. :thumbup: I made my first house block in January for the Quilting Bee One Block Swap and loved it! I almost didn't want to send it to my swap partner. LOL. I also saw a book last week that was all house quilts. I briefly thought of having a house collection. After seeing all of your houses, I definitely want to start my own collection. Are you doing the Funky Neighborhood swap? You should check it out if you haven't yet . . . .

joyplace 04-09-2010 03:02 PM

Hi: Enjoyed all of your Favorite House Blocks. Could you please share the pattern for the group of Four Houses. This is the group just above the picture of the Lighthouse Block. This would be neat for a hot pad. Maybe an 8" block. Using homespun fabric.
Thanks
joyplace

n2scraplvr 04-09-2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Thank you so much for sharing your collection! That was so much fun to see. I may bookmark this one. :thumbup: I made my first house block in January for the Quilting Bee One Block Swap and loved it! I almost didn't want to send it to my swap partner. LOL. I also saw a book last week that was all house quilts. I briefly thought of having a house collection. After seeing all of your houses, I definitely want to start my own collection. Are you doing the Funky Neighborhood swap? You should check it out if you haven't yet . . . .

I can imagine your not wanting to send your house block off to your swap partner! I think they are very addictive once you start making them. I find myself thinking of houses I've seen that I want to transfer to a quilt pattern. I really love the humble shacks/houses done in a rustic way. It's easy to start your own house collection. No, I didn't know about any funky neighborhood swap. It sure sounds like fun!

:D :D

n2scraplvr 04-09-2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by joyplace
Hi: Enjoyed all of your Favorite House Blocks. Could you please share the pattern for the group of Four Houses. This is the group just above the picture of the Lighthouse Block. This would be neat for a hot pad. Maybe an 8" block. Using homespun fabric.
Thanks
joyplace

I'll be glad to draft the pattern for you and others in an 8" size and post it here. Then if you change your mind on the size you want, you can always reduce/enlarge it. Thank you so much, joyplace, as I sure enjoyed our chat!
:D :D I'll PM you at the time I post the pattern! :thumbup:

Karen 04-09-2010 03:42 PM

Both collections are wonderful! Thank you both for sharing!

Gal 04-09-2010 03:54 PM

Wow these are so much fun, thankyou for sharing, I love the 'Lights on' quilt and the 'In Groups' quilt, I have put the tute down as a must do for the crazy houses block, they look so fantastic and do not look like they would be all that difficult to do. I know I shall have fun sorting through my scraps to do the houses, I can see country written all over mine!!!

Gal

sandpat 04-09-2010 03:56 PM

Great houses!!...you really should check out the Funky neighborhood swap...you would fit right in AND grow your collection to boot!