Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first attempts at FMQ, three WIPS finished and kitty pictures too! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-attempts-fmq-three-wips-finished-kitty-pictures-too-t17553.html)

PrettyKitty 03-11-2009 11:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow have I been busy. I am off work at the moment, I have taken time off to look after my Mom full time so my Dad can have a holiday - he has gone to Majorca (a Spanish Island). Dad didn't leave until Weds morning, so I had Tuesday all to myself, and guess what I did! Yup, could not resist the pull of that new FMQ foot that arrived on Monday. I had had a ten minute 'try' with it on Mon eve, but Tuesday I threw together some practice sandwiches and off I went! I LOVE IT! I'm not saying I find it easy, but boy is it addictive! I wanted to try so many patterns but don't know where to start, but I love doing the stippling. Will def get some books you have all suggested. Also finished the three partially done cushion covers I started MONTHS ago. Am off to the Rag Market in Birmingham today to get upholstery fabric to finish them off. Am I cooking with gas or what?!?!?

PrettyKitty 03-11-2009 11:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more..

Stippling
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29349[/ATTACH]

Kitchen is not impressed!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29350[/ATTACH]

Ughm this one is not my best work!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29351[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 03-11-2009 11:28 PM

You certainly have been busy!! :D Those blocks are beautiful. I just love the colors & the quilting pattern that you did. Please keep sharing with all of us, as you make more progress!! :D :D :D :D

PrettyKitty 03-11-2009 11:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and more..

Kitchen is so impressed he went back to sleep!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29310[/ATTACH]

Monorail cats
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29334[/ATTACH]

Poser
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29335[/ATTACH]

Katrine 03-11-2009 11:41 PM

Great stuff Kitty, you are doing so well.
I think Kitchen thought "well, she can do that okay on her own now, so I'm going back to sleep"

Izy 03-12-2009 12:01 AM

WooooooooooooooooooooW Mary...what a born natural you are...I couldn't have dared shown my very first attempts as they were so bad lol!! :lol: :D

How did you do the lazy daisy quilting on the blocks??

PrettyKitty 03-12-2009 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
WooooooooooooooooooooW Mary...what a born natural you are...I couldn't have dared shown my very first attempts as they were so bad lol!! :lol: :D

Thanks Izy! Lazy Daisy?? Lol I had no idea it was called that! Hehe. I just used a side plate placed upside down to mark the semi circles with a pencil. They are not free motion - sticthed on the machne as usual with the walking foot on.

Knot Sew 03-12-2009 03:36 AM

well done......go-go-go :wink:

pocoellie 03-12-2009 03:57 AM

Great job!!! Love your fabric!!

Izy 03-12-2009 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty

Originally Posted by Izy

Thanks Izy! Lazy Daisy?? Lol I had no idea it was called that! Hehe. I just used a side plate placed upside down to mark the semi circles with a pencil. They are not free motion - sticthed on the machne as usual with the walking foot on.

awwwhhh trade discription act has been broken lol!! So like me you 'cheat' quilt too lol!! I use my open foot and lower pressure on foot and you can 'swing' the quilt around to follow curves............am I teaching you bad habits???? :lol:

p.s. I just called it lazy daisy and now you explained how you did it I think it is suits it lol!!