Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my first bow tucks is done! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-bow-tucks-done-t75879.html)

Maybe1day 11-14-2010 01:46 PM

[wow.....i'd give up on something if it took me that long. i did it in one day, i think it took about 4 hours but i'm not sure cause i kept getting interupted and having to go attend to mom duties so i did most of it at night after bed time. there is a picture tutorial on here that i refered to a couple times during the process that helped a lot.]

I guess I am a bit stubborn, part of my problem is I have never been good at following a pattern. Always get them back to front. I can only sew once a fortnight which is also why it has taken me so long. Will get to go sew twice this week so might just get it finished this time. Have seen the tute on here and it looks good just doesn't quite explain it to me. One day that light bulb is going to go off and I will "get it"! :lol: Until I took up quilting recently i had never sewn.

LogCabinLady 11-14-2010 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by stylist54
where can I find that pattern?

You need to purchase it. Do an internet search for Bow Tuck Tote.

TexasGurl 11-15-2010 07:19 AM

Nice job ! She will love it ! I've got to try one too ... !

hperttula123 11-15-2010 07:33 AM

great job! I put the loop on the wrong side of one of mine...I just kept that one for myself.

auntiehenno 11-16-2010 04:19 AM

Very nice.

bluekrissyspikes 11-17-2010 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
[wow.....i'd give up on something if it took me that long. i did it in one day, i think it took about 4 hours but i'm not sure cause i kept getting interupted and having to go attend to mom duties so i did most of it at night after bed time. there is a picture tutorial on here that i refered to a couple times during the process that helped a lot.]

I guess I am a bit stubborn, part of my problem is I have never been good at following a pattern. Always get them back to front. I can only sew once a fortnight which is also why it has taken me so long. Will get to go sew twice this week so might just get it finished this time. Have seen the tute on here and it looks good just doesn't quite explain it to me. One day that light bulb is going to go off and I will "get it"! :lol: Until I took up quilting recently i had never sewn.

once you get one done and see how awesome you did, you'll remember how you did it. i'm making a whole bunch at once right now and other than checking the measurements at the begining i haven't had to refer to the instructions. post a pic when your done. i should have the 5 i'm doing right now done all at once in a couple days. then it's back to christmas quilting.

Maybe1day 11-17-2010 03:12 PM

Well I worked on it a little bit more yesterday and am finally up to the handles. :lol:

annette1952 11-18-2010 11:06 PM

Very pretty fabric! You did a great job on your Bow Tuck. They are such a cool tote.