Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My First Grandbaby Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-grandbaby-quilt-t25070.html)

triciasquilts 09-08-2009 08:31 AM

So love the colors. Your granddaughter is going to love it and you are going to love being a grandmother!

SharonC 09-10-2009 08:53 AM

Beautiful quilt---and of course she'll love it, her grandma made it especially for her :) :)
Congratulations. Grandbabies are delightful--enjoy every moment :) :)

reneebobby 09-10-2009 09:17 AM

Oh how cute.

savannahs_nana 09-10-2009 02:42 PM

Beautiful quilt. I had my first 2 grandchilden this year - both girls and have posted pics of the quilts I made. Can't wait to start the next one (but I think it will be for my hubby)

Grammie2twins+1 09-10-2009 05:38 PM

There are no words to describe the feeling of being a Grand Parent. It is so awesome. My grandsons are the focus of my life now. I spend every minute I can with them. Either at there house or at mine. I'm always looking for things for them when I am shopping. Clothes, toys, etc. I made Jayden and Tracen quilts before they were born and will make them quilts to fit their bigboy beds as soon as I gather all the fabrics. Congratulations! There really is nothing like the feeling of being a grammie. Beth

quilter1962 09-11-2009 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by suzic46
Here's my first attempt at a baby quilt. I'm making it for my first grandbaby due on October 18 and it's a Girl!! I'm so excited! I've heard so many here enjoying their grandbabies, I can't wait for mine. And I have another on the way due in January, a Boy! So I'm going to be busy with baby quilts.

I hope she enjoys it! :D

Oh My Suzie

What a lovely quilt you've made there for your new 1st Grandaughter. I know just how excited you must be. I am in exactly the same position as you. Only we are waiting for a little baby boy to arrive - "Harry" named after my DH Grandfather. Wait for this too - our babies are due on the same date how bizzarre is that!!!!! :wink:
Oh & we are in the same IRR Group too :P

Tisha

Quilt4u 09-11-2009 02:00 AM

Congratulations. What a cute quilt. Perfect in every way.

rdem 09-11-2009 02:11 AM

Very pretty, love the quilt and love the sound of first grandbaby, oh well one day :mrgreen: :lol:

SSTeacher 09-11-2009 02:57 AM

Suzic46. Again, that is a precious quilt. I, too, downloaded the pattern off the Internet and was wondering what size you used. I have several friends with expected grandchildren and would like to do a quilt but was unsure what size. Did you use the smaller version or cut down on that version? I am not good at "guessing" on fabric. Thanks in advance for the info.

Iluv2quilt 09-11-2009 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by quilter1962

Originally Posted by suzic46
Here's my first attempt at a baby quilt. I'm making it for my first grandbaby due on October 18 and it's a Girl!! I'm so excited! I've heard so many here enjoying their grandbabies, I can't wait for mine. And I have another on the way due in January, a Boy! So I'm going to be busy with baby quilts.

I hope she enjoys it! :D

Oh My Suzie

What a lovely quilt you've made there for your new 1st Grandaughter. I know just how excited you must be. I am in exactly the same position as you. Only we are waiting for a little baby boy to arrive - "Harry" named after my DH Grandfather. Wait for this too - our babies are due on the same date how bizzarre is that!!!!! :wink:
Oh & we are in the same IRR Group too :P

Tisha

That is awesome! it's going to be so exciting being a grandma. I can't wait! I also cant wait to start the IRR, it's coming up soon. That's so cool the babies are due on the same day and also that we are in the IRR together!