Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first OBW top done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-obw-top-done-t151235.html)

sue1964 09-07-2011 06:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The boarders are not all that square, I just hope I can quilt them flat. What do you think. May be a black bind.

Not a good picture sorry.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253036[/ATTACH]

Left side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253037[/ATTACH]

right side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253038[/ATTACH]

Sadiemae 09-07-2011 06:38 PM

Good luck with your borders.

LoisN 09-07-2011 06:38 PM

Looks good. I haven't tackled one of these, but it's on my list. Yours is beautiful.

QuiltnNan 09-07-2011 06:41 PM

very nice! love the colors.

anniec55 09-07-2011 06:42 PM

Black Or red

Quilted Horse 09-07-2011 06:49 PM

Cool fabric for a OBW, never would've thought of using that but it looks cool.

As for the borders, I think you need to take them off and re-cut them. They look too long for the center. Measure your center across top, mid & bottom and take the average. Then make your border that length. Do this for top & bottom first, then measure again for sides. You have to do this for each border that you add.

It sounds like a lot of undoing and redoing but from the pix it looks pretty wavy and I'm not sure you'll quilt it out. You may end up with an unsquare quilt (or large dogs ears). I think the center is worth the re-do, you'll be happier in the end.

Good luck and hope you don't mind the advice.

fireworkslover 09-07-2011 06:49 PM

I saw this fabric a while ago and wondered how a OBW would turn out. How about pulling that turquoise out to the edge for the binding?

raedar63 09-07-2011 06:51 PM

I have this fabric to make one of these, I love hoy tours turned out! I like how you used the red.

sue1964 09-07-2011 06:53 PM

Your right I may have to take them off, otherwise I will just hate it foe ever,

Originally Posted by Quilted Horse
Cool fabric for a OBW, never would've thought of using that but it looks cool.

As for the borders, I think you need to take them off and re-cut them. They look too long for the center. Measure your center across top, mid & bottom and take the average. Then make your border that length. Do this for top & bottom first, then measure again for sides. You have to do this for each border that you add.

It sounds like a lot of undoing and redoing but from the pix it looks pretty wavy and I'm not sure you'll quilt it out. You may end up with an unsquare quilt (or large dogs ears). I think the center is worth the re-do, you'll be happier in the end.

Good luck and hope you don't mind the advice.

sue1964 09-07-2011 06:57 PM

Some one else on this board also made one from the same fabric, I don't like the big horse butts they look like potatoes

Originally Posted by raedar63
I have this fabric to make one of these, I love hoy tours turned out! I like how you used the red.