Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first Quilt ...now what ??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-quilt-now-what-t84061.html)

Darlene's 12-20-2010 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure how to put this together now...I have it all pinned and ready but dont know what to do lol....any info would be greatly appreciated friends !!! It's just a lap quilt not 50x50. Wanted to practice before I do my nice stuff lol

it is a 50x50. didnt mean to put not lol...HOW DO I SEW THE EDGES??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]145721[/ATTACH]

Patched 12-20-2010 06:48 AM

Great job. Love your colors.

bj 12-20-2010 06:49 AM

Very nice quilt! You could do a simple stitch in the ditch on all the seams or tie it, if you aren't comfortable with quilting it. I really like the two accent blocks with the funky fabric...they add some whimsy. Be sure and let us see the finished product!

rosemaynes 12-20-2010 06:56 AM

Can you do diagonal lines?Go threw all the points of the diamonds and it will turn into cross hatching. Will your machine let you do something like that?

Darlene's 12-20-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by bj
Very nice quilt! You could do a simple stitch in the ditch on all the seams or tie it, if you aren't comfortable with quilting it. I really like the two accent blocks with the funky fabric...they add some whimsy. Be sure and let us see the finished product!

Is that where I just fold the edges together and sew and the out line of my quilt still shows?? Or are you saying it will have the lil roll like seam around the edges?

amma 12-20-2010 07:01 AM

First, check your batting to see how far apart you need to quilt. That will determine if you can SID or if you need to do more quilting than that :D:D:D

Darlene's 12-20-2010 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by rosemaynes
Can you do diagonal lines?Go threw all the points of the diamonds and it will turn into cross hatching. Will your machine let you do something like that?

Good idea !! yeah my machine will do it .. I love to sew I've just never put a quilt together so I'm not sure how to do the edges. thank you :lol:

Darlene's 12-20-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by amma
First, check your batting to see how far apart you need to quilt. That will determine if you can SID or if you need to do more quilting than that :D:D:D

ok now I'm new to this quilting so I'm not sure what in the world you mean lol I am using a good polyester batting thats not to thick...uh whats SID ??

Darlene's 12-20-2010 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by bj

me to now I wish I had put it in all the corners ...just wasn't thinking I guess !! thank you :idea:

just_the_scraps_m'am 12-20-2010 07:12 AM

SID=stitch in ditch

Great first quilt!