Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first quilt off the longarm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-quilt-off-longarm-t77776.html)

feline fanatic 11-21-2010 09:51 AM

6 Attachment(s)
I made this top more then 10 years ago. It was probably my second bed size quilt top. I got as far as the inner border and deemed it a WOMBAT minus the B (Waste of Material and Time). I really disliked the colors once all together in the quilt. Not only that but one of my cats had puked on it and stained it. I washed the top alone and the stain didn't come out. I was lucky I didn't ruin the top. It has mismatched points but it was pretty square. When I got my long arm I had no quilt tops ready to practice on so I remembered this top. I still had the black fabric so I slapped another border on it. OK, I think to myself, I like it a little better now. I figured it would be a perfect quilt to practice longarming on because I really didn't care if I totally ruined it. I still am not crazy about the colors but I have to say, the quilting really brought this baby to life. I backed it with orphan blocks, old stash fabric and the pink I ordered on line for really cheap, $3 something a yard it was. I decided to really let myself have some fun with this so I did swirly flowers in the friendship stars and the 54-40 or fight blocks I did this really cool swirly sunburst that I got the idea for from the last keepsake quilting catalog. In the rust border I did a stencil motif and then pebbling all around to really make the stencil motif pop. I just did a simple loop in the outer borderd which was good because that was my warmup for every session. Everything except the stencil motifs was totally freehand with no marking. Let me know what you think of my very first long arming. I think I did OK :lol:

Still on the rack
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131060[/ATTACH]

the quilt out on my lawn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131061[/ATTACH]

close up of pebbling around a stencil
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131062[/ATTACH]

The back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131065[/ATTACH]

close up of back to see the quilting better
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131068[/ATTACH]

close up of sunburst in 54-40 or fight
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131080[/ATTACH]

KimmieH 11-21-2010 09:53 AM

i think you did an amazing job! love the pebbles

Harmony 11-21-2010 09:53 AM

It's beautiful, and the best part is that now it's DONE, and that increases your karma in the universe! Well done!

NancyG 11-21-2010 09:53 AM

WOW...that is absolutely gorgeous. So many different designs in one quilt. Very, very nice job. You should be proud of your accomplishment! Just lovely!

bailey 11-21-2010 09:54 AM

I just love this quilt. Very pretty and the quilting is excellent!

rootyr 11-21-2010 09:54 AM

Beautiful!

M. Wills 11-21-2010 09:54 AM

The quilt is lovely and I think you did a great job quilting it.

Kitsie 11-21-2010 09:55 AM

Wonderful work and a very attractive quilt!

natalieg 11-21-2010 09:57 AM

Wow! I love the quilt and the quilting! Great job!

charmpacksplus 11-21-2010 09:57 AM

This is beautiful! If this was your first, you'll be a pro in no time flat!