Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first quilt top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-quilt-top-t9035.html)

tarib 07-18-2008 01:03 PM

WOW :D I love the colors, that would look nice in my living room :thumbup: :thumbup:

tarib 07-18-2008 01:05 PM

Hey do you have a pattern, I would love to do one.

Donna Mae 07-19-2008 05:39 AM

Very, very pretty. Love those colors. Great job.

Have a wonderful weekend.

simple quilter

Tigerbaby1981 07-19-2008 05:41 AM

I dont have the pattern since it was a class but its all 8 inch squares with the borders (will have to measure the borders).

Thanks everyone for the great comments :)

jacquemoe 07-19-2008 06:27 AM

Aren't you so proud of yourself? You did a wonderful job and I love the colors you chose. What's next on your list? You do have a mental list, right? LOL

Tigerbaby1981 07-19-2008 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Aren't you so proud of yourself? You did a wonderful job and I love the colors you chose. What's next on your list? You do have a mental list, right? LOL

I am very proud of myself.. Just need to finish it! haha and yes I have a mental list of TONS on my to do list. I will be getting a couple kits in the next couple weeks so I will be working on a wrapping paper quilt (dont know really what it is yet) and the turning twenty pattern for 2. Plus a few I spy quilts .. oh my i have a big list already..

Marcia 07-19-2008 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tigerbaby1981
Whats the best way to quilt it? What color fabric would go good for binding and border? I am hoping to buy online since the LQS is double the price almost. TIA

Notice that so far you do not have any suggestions from anyone on how to quilt this fabulous quilt of yours? "How would you quilt this" and "I just like to piece, not to quilt" are all too frequent statements on this board!!!! (Me included :D ) My only suggestion would be to quilt it in a way to emphasize the star in the center. Maybe meander quilting for everything around the star. For the star, you could stitch 1/4" away all around the outside. Then on the inside you can echo quilt by stitching rows that are about 3/4" apart-start at the outer edge and work to the center. That would give you "stars" all the way to the center of the quilt. Does that make any sense at all?

For binding I would use the same blue fabric that you used for the outer border. If you are putting another border on, then I would use that fabric.

Your quilt is beautiful and I cannot wait to see it finished!!

Tigerbaby1981 07-19-2008 04:34 PM

Thanks Marcia,
I think that makes sense. I have dont think i could free motion but maybe the 1/4 and 3/4" lines I could do. I cant wait to get a chance to work on it some night soon.

Chele 07-19-2008 06:04 PM

Gorgeous! Jump in and quilt that beauty! What's next?!!

CissyQuilts 07-19-2008 07:01 PM

Well that is just fantastic for your first quilt! I love the colors that you chose. Make sure you share photos of it when it's all finished!