Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my first try at crazy quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-try-crazy-quilts-t122059.html)

aussiegirl 05-10-2011 04:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I made these quilts for one of our Spotlight Stores here in Melbourne area, which some will be sent over seas to the orphanages, China, New Guinea, Japan, and some will stay here for orphanages for the Aborigines. I am not very good and you will spot the mistakes, but I used scraps fromthe PJs and dresses I have made for my granddaughters and the two younger ones Layla(4) and Eve(2), helped pick out which blocks to put where because they wanted to help do the blankets for the babies with no one to love them. I put flannel sheets inside. I hope they enjoy the cuddle they can have with these. When I dropped them off at the Store, there were some beautiful ones there and I felt a bit bad, but I have been pushed for time to get these done.

Layla and Eve my youngest granddaughters who helped me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195263[/ATTACH]

close up of the different pics I used
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195264[/ATTACH]

a little cuddle quilt with the cot size ones
[ATTACH=CONFIG]195265[/ATTACH]

lallyann 05-10-2011 04:17 AM

ohhhh my! You should definitely NOT feel bad! Those quilts are BEAUTIFUL! and they will be loved! I have no doubt about that! One thing I have learned with my own daughters is that simple is best! My girls absolutely love quilts made with squares like yours. They are perfect :) And most importantly they were made with love by you and your beautiful daughters!!

Rumbols 05-10-2011 04:20 AM

Don't feel bad. When the children get them, they won't know about the fancy quilts. They will love them for the cuddling, the colors, and the fact that someone took the time to do something for them. You did a great job and so did the Girls. Love the binding.

aussiegirl 05-10-2011 04:23 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The two little girls are my granddaughters who stay with me a lot and keep me entertained and busy, and therefore feeling young, even tho this Nanna is getting a bit slow in her old age, all the hugs and kisses are worth it.

quiltinggirl 05-10-2011 04:24 AM

Wonderful job and the colors are so cheerful! :)

aussiegirl 05-10-2011 04:24 AM

I used strips of pink velour material that I had made princess dresses for a dress up party for the binding. It was strechy so a bit tricky to work with and get straight.

PurplePassion 05-10-2011 06:05 AM

They look pretty good for your first try!! Lovely models. Hope you will make more. We never run out of people that need a warm cuddle. I wish I had a clothes line like that to hang my stuff on.

Grammy o'5 05-10-2011 06:11 AM

They're beautiful! The little ones won't notice or mind the mistakes. I sure don't see any! :thumbup: Cute little girls!

fraydknot12326 05-10-2011 06:17 AM

Great quilts~! Good job :thumbup: Adorable *little* helpers :D

CIGAINEROJD 05-10-2011 06:18 AM

Beautiful