Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My "Flour Sack" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-flour-sack-t191084.html)

icon17 06-07-2012 09:25 AM

My "Flour Sack"

2 Attachment(s)
Hi, ALL
I know you have seen the 'NEW' Flour sacks in the stores. Well I have too, But they seen to have a very LOW thread count LOL. I even wonder how the flour stays in the bag!
But the other day I was a a local discount store and Look what I found! Its pretty/has a Med thread count, So I just had to show You All what it looks like!! Thing was tring to find away to store ALL that Flour!! LOL I even thought of giving some to the 'Boys/Girls club! for paper mach'e

Mariposa 06-07-2012 09:28 AM

What kinds of projects do you have in mind for this fabric-? :)

icon17 06-07-2012 09:30 AM

I'm going to use it in my Flour sacks Quilts Silly!! LOL

icon17 06-07-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mariposa (Post 5271735)
What kinds of projects do you have in mind for this fabric-? :)

Mariposa Do you know i lov ya? wish we live closer I know we could be great friends We have the same twisted (lol)
I have a friend here (Terry 30yr friendship) she/I. Most my other friends have pasted from 'C'. Its hard to make good deep friendships.

DogHouseMom 06-07-2012 10:46 AM

OK ... this is just dumb on my part.. but I've never seen a real flour sack before (just pieces of what folks call "flour sack prints"). I had always pictured them being in the size that I currently buy flour (1lb bags). But when I actually think about it, how could they have been as small as I was thinking as folks used to make girls dresses out of flour sacks. And I suppose back then ... if folks had to buy flour in 1lb bags they would have been at the store daily!!

DOH!!!

Nice sack!!

luvstoquilt 06-07-2012 11:31 AM

I never saw such a large flour sack! It is beautiful! Also, love, love, love your avatar. Is your dog a Silky Terrier? We have had 3 of them..miss them still!

liont 06-07-2012 12:02 PM

Wow 25lb, that is a lot ot tortillas to make!
Is this something like the feedsack cloths of the 30's?

burchquilts 06-07-2012 05:18 PM

Ooooooooh... I wonder how much fabric is in there? It's fabulous! Doesn't rice come in bags, too? Y'know, with trying to cut down on the amount of trash we all generate, it would be a good idea to go back to packaging things like that, don't 'cha think? Plus pop in returnable glass bottles (nothing tastes as good as pop in one of those old bottles!). Please post what you do with this beautiful fabric! Does it count as a 30's print? It does to me.

4EVERquilt 06-07-2012 07:45 PM

that is sewww cool that you found this, I know the quilt you make with this will be amazing. 25lbs. of flour to make tortillas is nothing back in New Mex. or the southwest. We would go through that in less than 2 weeks. LOL!! It's true.

mighty 06-11-2012 06:05 AM

Great find!!!!!