Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My house is a mess and my kids are running wild...Updated 7/19 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-house-mess-my-kids-running-wild-updated-7-19-a-t9191.html)

barnbum 07-19-2008 05:05 PM

Wow--I never saw that first post--where you posted the pattern pictures. I love the log cabin borders best--did you decide yet? Either will look great. :D

You make me want to try this EQ6 thing.... :wink:

Marcia 07-19-2008 05:23 PM

Cissy-This quilt just gets better and better with every picture you post. I love it!!!!

Chele 07-19-2008 05:47 PM

Oooh, pretty quilts and yummy fish!

mgshaw 07-19-2008 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Cissy-This quilt just gets better and better with every picture you post. I love it!!!!

I agree 100%!!!

CissyQuilts 07-19-2008 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by gramadona
Cissy, that is so pretty!! I am almost afraid to show mine. It's a baby blanket (31" x 31") and I think it has too much blue and not enough contrast, but it's done!
My seams don't all match perfectly like yours. You can really see it in the polka dot squares.
Dona

I think your quilt is great, Dona! I love the blue and green colors together. You know, we all have to start at the beginning and will only get better after lots of practice. You should see some of my first quilts.....very scary!! :shock: I have been quilting for 3 years and this is the first quilt that I have made that has all the seams lined up. But I am being super careful with this one because I am entering it for judging at the state fair next month. I have never entered a quilt contest and am pretty nervous about it. Excited too I guess. I want to have my quilts evaluated so I can learn how to do better. I read alot of books and magazines about quilting and learn from them. Then there is this wonderful board. :D Keep on quilting and trying new things! Hugs, Cissy

gramadona 07-20-2008 10:40 AM

Thanks so much for the kind encouragement. I DO see improvement with each quilt, but I want then to ALL be PERFECT... and right now!
Lol... my grand children love their "Grama quilts" and that is very satisfying.
A quilt contest! Yikes! I have a long way to go before I can even entertain the idea!
But you should do well. Your quilt is exquisite.
You are so right about studying quilting books and magazines. I have subscribed to 2 magazines and went to eBay and found an estate sale with a pile of old quilting books that are wonderful. I guess I just need to practice, practice, practice.
Thanks and good luck at the fair...
Dona

Diane007 10-11-2012 04:54 AM

thanks for sharing your pictures...
lovely quilt

BarbaraRileyFranklin 10-11-2012 06:52 AM

THIS is Beautiful, I love it BarbTN

Peggy Jeanne 10-11-2012 11:39 AM

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackied 10-11-2012 12:05 PM

Very nice, just let the kids run. They will have fun and you will too, lol. Love the hearts and home center.