Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Hubby's Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-hubbys-quilt-t35588.html)

JAQ 01-30-2010 07:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am so proud of this one. Its a simple design (no pattern - I just winged it) and the individual blocks in the nine-patch larger blocks were made using a "Layered Waves" technique I learned from a book by Karen Eckmeier I picked up on my trip to Sedona this summer.

I had so much fun making this quilt. Its was actually done about a month ago but my kitty claimed it and made it hard to do the binding. :P

Front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]40139[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]40140[/ATTACH]

Blue layered wave 9 patch.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64669[/ATTACH]

JAQ 01-30-2010 07:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
...more pics

White/creme layered wave 9 patch block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65061[/ATTACH]

Kitty's quilt!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65062[/ATTACH]

My sig.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65063[/ATTACH]

burnsk 01-30-2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by JAQ
I am so proud of this one. Its a simple design (no pattern - I just winged it) and the individual blocks in the nine-patch larger blocks were made using a "Layered Waves" technique I learned from a book by Karen Eckmeier I picked up on my trip to Sedona this summer.

I had so much fun making this quilt. Its was actually done about a month ago but my kitty claimed it and made it hard to do the binding. :P

I've never seen that design before. Was it difficult to do? Your quilt is gorgeous and I love your fabric choices.

isnthatodd 01-30-2010 07:37 PM

I love the quilting pattern. It makes the back very interesting!

JAQ 01-30-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk
I've never seen that design before. Was it difficult to do? Your quilt is gorgeous and I love your fabric choices.

Thank you so much. I picked the colors but DH chose which ones to use in the lattce and borders. I would have chosen different ones but hey, its hit quilt.

The layered waves are so easy! To hard to describe in a post though. I made sheets of layered waves and cut them down into 4.5" blocks. Then I assembled the blocks into nine patches. It didn't take long at all. After that it was just a matter of building the lattice and border around everything to make a quilt big enough for DH to snuggle in.

JAQ 01-30-2010 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
I love the quilting pattern. It makes the back very interesting!

I'm not much into the final quilting part of things so I think this is going to be my regular pattern. I'm trying to emulate the effects of a pebble dropped in a river - specifically, a pebble dropped in each of the four corners. Its not as nice as I was hoping for - I wanted more intersections and regular spacing but I think with practice (and better mathematics) I'll get there.

littlehud 01-30-2010 07:49 PM

Very pretty. What a great design and your quilting is awesome.

jewelps 01-30-2010 07:55 PM

WOW!!!! that looks good, love that blue, good job :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

STAR 01-30-2010 08:59 PM

That is BEAUTIFUL!! what an awesome technique, I really like it

suesews 01-30-2010 09:06 PM

Your quilt is beautiful, and so is your cat! I have five myself, cats, that is.

Sue