Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My iron station...and a peek at my messy room.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-iron-station-peek-my-messy-room-t75208.html)

RkayD 11-08-2010 07:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My husband is getting tired of me hanging out in the dining room. For less than $200 he went to Lowe's yesterday and in the ready made cabinets found a sink unit. Got a piece of plywood cut to fit the top + a little extra for overhang and brought it home for me tonight. In 2.5 seconds I had it covered and moved in my room. I'm not going to mount the board so that I can change the cover as I get it dirty..and my daughter the artist~ is going to paint it. And then there's my room...I'm slowly getting there in the organized department....i think....

The sign of a happy room..LOTS of projects going on at once!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122227[/ATTACH]

My flannel is so bare..I just moved it. And my frame is in Holding pattern for the moment...literally.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122228[/ATTACH]

and when the lights are out...the glow from the lights look so pretty. I'm a total twinkle light fan.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122229[/ATTACH]

Look at that storage underneath! WhooHoo!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122231[/ATTACH]

craftybear 11-08-2010 07:39 PM

what a great idea, thanks for sharing and love your quilting studio

what did you use for cover for your ironing board?

RkayD 11-08-2010 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
what a great idea, thanks for sharing and love your quilting studio

what did you use for cover for your ironing board?

I used two layers of thin cotton batting and a twin size flat sheet I had hanging around. Its the height that amazes me..its perfect for me. It sits away from the wall so as to not cover the vent on the floor and i have total access to the whole thing.

2 Doods 11-08-2010 07:51 PM

I love your room!
Looks like a great creative space. Nice solution for ironing station too! Thanks for sharing!

littlehud 11-08-2010 07:52 PM

I love your new ironing station.......but what I really love is your room. So inviting. I can tell there is lots going on there. Great.

plainjane 11-08-2010 07:53 PM

Love your happy, happy room!

hperttula123 11-08-2010 08:17 PM

it's not a mess...it's creativity flowing...lol. I love your idea for an ironing station. I think I want one like yours. What a nice size(little ironing boards just don't cut it anymore) and it would be nice to have it a little higher than a normal ironing board is. Congrats on your new station. Hope you enjoy ironing more.

Pickles 11-08-2010 08:21 PM

How wonderful, I'm so proud for you and you have a wonderful
Husband to go out and buy you this how sweet of him. I love your sewing room it looks so cozy. :D :thumbup:

vintagemotif 11-08-2010 08:21 PM

That was very clever of your husband. Thanks for sharing.

NikkiLu 11-08-2010 08:31 PM

A great ironing station and great quilting room! Thanks for taking the time to show us your newest project!