Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My latest project - a Dr. Seuss Quilt! What should I do with it? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-latest-project-dr-seuss-quilt-what-should-i-do-t106416.html)

quilting librarian 03-09-2011 06:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This quilt is now hanging in the school library where I work - Dr. Seuss's birthday was March 2. March is Celebrate Reading Month at our school. I bought the panel and a couple yards of coordinating fabric, shopped my stash for the rest, and created my own pattern.

Originally I thought I would have a raffle and give it away at the end of the school year, or maybe put it in the silent auction at open house. The money would go to buy books for the library. Now that it is finished, I am having second thoughts.
What would you do?

Read With the Cat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]122013[/ATTACH]

sttchr 03-09-2011 06:09 PM

Save it for next years birthday

odomjenn 03-09-2011 06:10 PM

Its lovely! I remember reading Dr.Seuss books as a little girl. When my son starts to read better I want him to read them too.

hperttula123 03-09-2011 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by quilting librarian
This quilt is now hanging in the school library where I work - Dr. Seuss's birthday was March 2. March is Celebrate Reading Month at our school. I bought the panel and a couple yards of coordinating fabric, shopped my stash for the rest, and created my own pattern.

Originally I thought I would have a raffle and give it away at the end of the school year, or maybe put it in the silent auction at open house. The money would go to buy books for the library. Now that it is finished, I am having second thoughts.
What would you do?

You could sent it to me...lol....it's great!

thimblebug6000 03-09-2011 06:11 PM

What are you wanting to do with it?

Laura3 03-09-2011 06:12 PM

I have looked at the Dr. Seuss fabric for a while not and have not had a reason to make a quilt from it. Now I see a reason. You did an amazing job on using the fabrics!! The quilt is amazing!!

lileth1374 03-09-2011 06:12 PM

I wish that they would keep it up in the library permanently for the children to see and enjoy, but if not, I would go ahead with your plans to raffle it off or put it in the silent auction. It is very beautiful.

grammy17 03-09-2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by sttchr
Save it for next years birthday

I vote for this too. You can use it for many years to enhance the birthday celebration. And give it to the library when you retire.

AddieLou 03-09-2011 06:13 PM

Wow - I think that you could buy a lot of books with the proceeds from a raffle or auction! My guess would be that you would make more $$ from a raffle? But it would be hard for me to part with this. It is too cute!

Grandma58 03-09-2011 06:14 PM

What do you most want to do with it? Think about it for 3 days, decide then stick with it.