Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Little Corner of the House (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-little-corner-house-t116208.html)

gramma mo 04-14-2011 08:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, now that I have my sewing room cleaned up, and may not do THAT again for awhile, I thought I'd share pictures. Since we have a 4 bedroom house, I get a WHOLE room for my office/sewing room. In about a month I won't need an office because I'm dissolving my home business. I'll have filing cabinet space for patterns and projects. The computer will be for the quilting board! This used to be my son's room, and then my daughter moved into it when he left home because of the big closet. The paisley wallpaper went on about 16 or 17 years ago for her - and I left it because it reminds me of my youth I guess! My DH (I'm hoping that means something positive, cause I'm new at this) is a retired building contractor, so he did a wonderful job making a counter for me out of 2 hollow core doors. He built a nice window seat for me so I can keep my books underneath. I've had this room for several years now, but the addition of the white cabinets is new - they came out of my daughter's hallway. The cutting/pressing table used to be the check out counter at my niece's shop (np3's daughter) It's a perfect size and has good storage underneath. The little storage chest was in the garage for years. I painted it and added labels on the drawers for notions and stuff. I JUST added the thread holder on the wall, too - I LOVE it! That's about it - it's pretty cozy in here.

My counters are made from two doors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184457[/ATTACH]

The picture over the computer is a map of quilt shops in CA and the picture over the cutting table is a puzzle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184458[/ATTACH]

I made picture labels on these drawers for notions
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184459[/ATTACH]

grammysews4u 04-14-2011 08:28 PM

It is lovely! so neat and organized. Looks like a place you can enjoy yourself. Very pretty:)

watson's mom 04-14-2011 08:28 PM

What a great room, Is it always this neat. I love it.

miss_ticky2 04-14-2011 08:30 PM

What a sweet, cosy room. Thanks for sharing :)

cathyvv 04-14-2011 08:30 PM

You recycled or repurposed so many of the 'features' of the room, and it looks great. I know you'll thoroughly enjoy it.

Aren't handy husbands great to have around?

spinnergs 04-14-2011 08:32 PM

Lucky you! I have everything crammed in my bedroom. Very nice

sak658 04-14-2011 08:32 PM

I just love it, love the pink chest,the map, especially the puzzle picture. Your dh did a great job with the doors and the window seat. You got it going on now, girl.

Sewfine 04-14-2011 08:34 PM

Organized, I got a headache already. This is what I need to take time too do. Thanks for sharing.

Sewfine

thebossbab 04-14-2011 08:36 PM

Your room is very nice and organized...enjoy your space. :-)

gramma mo 04-14-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom
What a great room, Is it always this neat. I love it.

Ha! It's NEVER this neat - that's why I took a picture! I'll start on another project now and things will pile up, then I'll reach a point where I can't work in here until it's clean again. It's a vicious circle! Is it just me? Anybody?