Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my longarm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-longarm-t258635.html)

newbee3 12-23-2014 12:14 PM

my longarm

1 Attachment(s)
here is where I spend a lot of time

ManiacQuilter2 12-23-2014 12:20 PM

Why don't you explain to the board WHY you bought is longarm and what was the items that helped you choose this machine?? It might help others who are contemplating getting a longarm.

newbee3 12-23-2014 07:43 PM

Well I always thought I wanted one but the price was out of my range. I was having shoulder problems so pushing the large quilts around under the throat of my domestic machine so I searched someone that rents longarms I did find one she required you take the class and I am so glad I did that I learned so much I did around 6 or 8 on the rented machine it was kinda expensive it was more than 1 hour away so that took gas and my time. So just looking on craigs list and ebay I did find this one. It was pretty local to go and look they set it up on a frame , I tried it and I said what is your bottom dollar?? I did offer them $100.00 less than they were asking and they said okay. So I guess the price and location played a big part in buying this machine. I than had to have shoulder surgery after about a month they called and came out with the machine and set it up for me. I could not do very much with it but I did try. After therapy I got into using it. Now in Jan it will be 2 years since I bought it and I just love it. It does not bother my shoulders like the domestic machine did hope this helps anyone thinking about investing in one. I do not do quilts for the public I do a lot of quilts for the linus group and the doner group.

Annz 12-23-2014 08:11 PM

Oh I want one.

jenOSU 12-23-2014 09:13 PM

Thanks for the information!

joyful1 12-27-2014 07:07 PM

Good for you, continue enjoying it!

tessagin 12-27-2014 07:16 PM

How large a quilt can you do on it? Am considering since my quilter is in hospital and not doing well. The other one lives in Fl. and she's leaving in couple months. She's also waiting on her upgrade. So when that happens it will still be a couple months. Til that happens when I'm ready I will have to use my DSM.

Quilter 65 12-28-2014 06:04 AM

Glad everything has worked out for you and that you are enjoying this machine. I so THINK I want one, but the back has me hesitant. So you thought you got a lot of value out of the class? I am thinking this is what I should do to see how well I can do it and physically tolerate it.

Debbie B 12-28-2014 11:04 AM

I bought an older Juki TL98Q on a Little Gracie II frame off Craig's List about 3 years ago. I've quilted a lot of quilts with it. I hated sandwiching large quilts on the floor ... Hard on my old knees. I'm thankful for my set up, but I hope to find a used longarm some day. How big is your longarm? You're a lucky quilter to have a longarm! Enjoy!