Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

MadQuilter 03-04-2013 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G (Post 5904046)
Don't you feel guilty for killing her off? So funny.

Not really. lol

delores41 03-04-2013 01:36 PM

Unbelievable. Love all the detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kayluvs2quilt 03-04-2013 01:39 PM

Outstanding creativity....I may just have to make a special trip to Elverta, CA to see this quilt!! Let us all see the finished quilt.
I also like the idea of SBS being done in by a 'quilt'otine (guillotine(sp?)).

MadQuilter 03-04-2013 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by kayluvs2quilt (Post 5904128)
I also like the idea of SBS being done in by a 'quilt'otine (guillotine(sp?)).

Oh what a fabulous picture: The quilt'otine could be powered by a rotary cutter...thinking, thinking, plotting........

pegquilter8 03-04-2013 01:54 PM

OMG! I just love the bad Sue quilts. I did one for a challenge last summer and came in 2nd place. Will post as soon as I can figure how to get the picture on site. Pegeth

gramajo 03-04-2013 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are other quilters with a warped sense of humor out there. I just found this picture of a quilt from a show a couple of years ago. A guild had a challenge of creating a block showing how Sue met her demise. The winner of the viewers' choice received all the blocks. This is what she made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399773[/ATTACH]

karenpatrick 03-04-2013 01:59 PM

What are visiting days in the home? lol

DogHouseMom 03-04-2013 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5904008)
Oh, so you are helping by giving me more ideas? lol

I actually have some more ideas. The shower scene in Psycho came to mind this morning. And then I want to put her in a rough play scene with Raggedy Ann, Raggedy Andy, Strawberry Shortcake and the Sock Monkey where they have SBS by the limbs and are tearing her apart. I have no idea where these thoughts are coming from. I'm really not a violent person. hehe

Oooh!!! How wonderful to include so many other "friends" ... throw a Smurf in there too.

And how about Sue being executed military style by ... THE QUILT POLICE!!! I'm sure you can round a few of them up here on this thread

And .... how about "Get a Clue Sue" ... she can be done in by Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with the lead pipe ....

Oh this is soooo much fun!!

Nanny's dollface 03-04-2013 02:23 PM

Not knowing much about this character, i did a little research. Sue was rather popular during the Great Depression - some writers have attributed her innocence and demeanor to bring hope and sunshine to people during those difficult times. ...
Sue became popular again - not in a good way- during the 1980's and the women's movement. The Seamsters Local #500 of Lawrence, Kansas vented their rage at the state of women’s affairs by killing her off in a group quilt called The Sun Sets on Sunbonnet Sue. The blocks are a historical reflection of the troubled decade. Among twenty blocks depicting her demise, Sue commits suicide at Jonestown by drinking purple Kool-Aid, is killed at the Three Mile Island nuclear disaster, is crushed by a falling Skylab, and is eaten by Jaws. Other, more conventional endings show Sue hit by lightening, tied to railroad tracks, buried alive, and eaten by a giant snake.

Who knew that so much history was tied to this block.

MadQuilter 03-04-2013 03:06 PM

Thanks for sharing gramajo. That is a lovely assortment for sure. I love the one with "Dr. Sam" bwahaha.