Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mad Murder Spree - Killing Sunbonnet Sue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mad-murder-spree-killing-sunbonnet-sue-t215376.html)

Dottie Bug 03-04-2013 09:09 PM

Very nice fabric choices in depicting what is goin on. Great use of the grafic s. I like sunbonnet sue ,she was one of my moms favorite blocks . if she could see this she would love it also ,I like these blocks . DottieBug

sewbizgirl 03-04-2013 09:44 PM

I know this is meant as a joke, but it's disturbing.... Can't imagine all that time and talent squandered on such a project.

wraez 03-04-2013 09:45 PM

I have to admit, that even tho my name is Sue, I've not been a huge fan of SBS ... but the poor girl, such a grizzly demise, I wouldn't wish on anyone, LOL.

charismah 03-04-2013 10:10 PM

Hilarious! Oh my goodness! That's great!

fxsts93kf 03-04-2013 10:21 PM

Fantastic! I'm not a SBS fan, frankly because I've seen a million of them, so your creative blocks are exactly what I needed. I think I will look at her in a whole different light every time from here on!

Chasing Hawk 03-04-2013 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by GeeGee (Post 5904960)
I'm with you Jackie, I just made a beautiful Sunbonnet Sue for my little granddaughter and she LOVED it. Why do some people have to try to ruin everything? And of all people quilters? No wonder the world is in such chaos.

Martina is just expressing herself. I am sure this project of hers is not going to start a global panic and the sky will fall down upon us.

wanda lou 03-04-2013 10:46 PM

What a laugh, thank you for sharing Martina.

ctmhjenn 03-04-2013 11:16 PM

These are great! Got me to post on this one! Love them

MadQuilter 03-04-2013 11:26 PM

I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be ruining. People who love SBS can continue to do so and people who appreciate some dark gallows humor or some off-the-beaten-path creativity can do that too. As for spending (wasting?) time and energy - it is mine to spend or waste however I see fit. In case you wonder - my favorite authors are Steven King, Dean Koontz, Neil Gaiman, and Terri Pratchett.

This is a quilt that will eventually hang in my house. Even my Mom thinks it's funny. Lighten up folks!

Thanks Chasing Hawk.

Chasing Hawk 03-05-2013 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5905134)
I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be ruining. People who love SBS can continue to do so and people who appreciate some dark gallows humor or some off-the-beaten-path creativity can do that too. As for spending (wasting?) time and energy - it is mine to spend or waste however I see fit. In case you wonder - my favorite authors are Steven King, Dean Koontz, Neil Gaiman, and Terri Pratchett.

This is a quilt that will eventually hang in my house. Even my Mom thinks it's funny. Lighten up folks!

Thanks Chasing Hawk.

Your welcome, my family would get a kick out of your project too.