Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Mother's Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-mothers-quilts-t8753.html)

adyldrop 07-04-2008 03:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So my Mom, or Woman as I affectionately call her, has sewn most of her life. She taught herself everything she knows from books growing up because she is the oldest with 3 younger brothers. She is why I sew and quilt and love crafty goodness--thanks Woman!! However she doesn't have a computer or a any real desire for one so I went to visit her today and managed to get pics of some of her stuff so i could show it off!!

Part of her stash!! I tried going shopping--didn't work! She'd frisk me if she thought I'd do anything!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13772[/ATTACH]

A technique taking apart silk flowers and laying a piece of tulle over top and then quilting it all down. A pretty autumn wreath wall hanging.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57225[/ATTACH]

I know this one was a recent BOM. My mom found the floral center and matched the other fabrics up to it because she loved it so much!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65042[/ATTACH]

adyldrop 07-04-2008 04:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some more...

A stained-glass angel with gold trim instead of black--gorgeous!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13687[/ATTACH]

Her round robin her guild just finished. She has to enter it into the next show. Still needs quilting, and binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13697[/ATTACH]

A Christmas wreath like the autumn one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]57226[/ATTACH]

b.zang 07-04-2008 04:01 PM

no wonder you wanted to try shopping - look at that stash - all nicely coordinated :lol:

that wreath is beautiful, bet it was a lot of work

Let your Mom know that her talents are appreciated!!!!

adyldrop 07-04-2008 04:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
yet more...

A wool applique she did. She wants to make another using the same paisley from the border and hang them next to one another.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13832[/ATTACH]

She made this school house top when I was very little. She actually wanted to know if anyone knew how to get rid of mildew. She never finished it because she was afraid it may be ruined.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13833[/ATTACH]

Close up of appliqued flowers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13834[/ATTACH]

adyldrop 07-04-2008 04:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yet more...and mind you this is not including pics of her machines. We counted 11. Including 2 antiques ( both in their wooden desks and one that is pre-electricity), a few embroidery, a couple singers. She is planning on where she'll be putting up her frame. She attempted buying a long arm once. Put money down then decided against it. She still wants it though!

Another stained glass wall hanging.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13774[/ATTACH]

A bright green and blue to hang on the kitchen wall. Needs backing, quilting and binding yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13780[/ATTACH]

Her bear paw. Also made years ago. Hung above our only working fireplace in our old house. I love this one. i get my love of bear paw and flying geese from her :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13781[/ATTACH]

adyldrop 07-04-2008 04:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Even more...

Daffodil stained glass wall hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13775[/ATTACH]

Little embroidered wall hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13776[/ATTACH]

Her watermelon quilt. She just finished quilting some of it. She needs binding and then she is going to add little ants all over it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13777[/ATTACH]

lfw045 07-04-2008 04:23 PM

WOW!!!!!!!

Chele 07-04-2008 04:29 PM

Well no wonder you're good! And inspired! I'll distract the woman with some online fabric shops and you grab us some stuff! Okay? LOL!

tlrnhi 07-04-2008 05:23 PM

Oh my gosh! Awesome!
Will she adopt me????

adyldrop 07-04-2008 05:36 PM

Haha! I told her you guys were going to say those exact things!! I even mentioned Chele and said ''Ma, she's gonna want your stuff!" I related all your kind words to her :) she says thank you so very much!!