Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My new "fan design" quilting frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-%22fan-design%22-quilting-frame-t10266.html)

Louise C 08-16-2008 09:00 AM

Well, yes, it is said in the instructions that it is a 3 rails system with no-basting. Here is how it goes: the first rail has all 3 of the sandwich tacked to a sleeve that I will make; the 2nd rail has just the top quilt rolled up and the 3rd rail has the batting and the backing tacked to another sleeve that I have to make.

As we quilt, we have the finished quilt in front of us. Depending on the length of the rails used, it can be adapted from baby size to king size (3 rails of 1 x 2 x 6 for baby size to up to 1 x 2 x 10 for king size beds). In the pictures above, I rolled my bedcover (which is queen size) on it just to give an idea of what it looks like, all assembled. It comes unpainted but sanded. I will paint it and decorate it eventually.

It is homemade in the USA. My husband bought it on ebay and there are still more on sale.

Leota 10-06-2009 02:35 AM

Hi, I found your frame on E-Bay and being the "I can make it" type person, would like to make my own frame. My problem is I need the dimensions of the pieces. Would you mind sharing this information? Please contact me privately at [email protected]
Thank you.
Leota

Leota 10-22-2009 07:44 PM

Hi Louise,
After reading your post, I realized that you bought the frame I saw on E-Bay.

adeleon 03-14-2010 12:24 AM

I just purchased fan frame and I am a little confused I tacked all three together on first rail and top on second rail and 3rd rail has batting and backing, however the material is not tight so im having to go underneath to tuck batting and backing every time I roll the finished side, is thier a way you can show us pictures on how exactly we are to put material together I feel like im just not understanding correctly.

craftybear 03-26-2010 04:08 PM

That looks interesting, let us know how you like it!

sabrinaquilts 03-26-2010 10:46 PM

I know that the Fan Design Quilting Frame is geared for hand quilting. However, I had recently learned to use a long arm machine. The set up is very similar. Does anyone who machine quilts with their home sewing machine think I can pin the layers together by using the Fan Design Quilting Frame to hold the layers together? I don't like to sandwich the layers on the floor because I am not getting any younger. I don't like to clamp the layers to a table either because I find that I end up with more puckers on the backing. I had asked the seller of Fan Design on ebay. She couldn't really tell me whether it will work because it didn't sound like she does much or any machine quilting. She didn't seemed to grasp the concept of pinning the layers together to quilt on a home sewing machine.

zzzKW 06-21-2010 09:55 AM

I just finished putting my first quilt on this frame. It took me awhile to get it set up right, but I did it. I look at all kinds of frames, it is so confusing. And then I showed my husband this one. He though this would be the best one for me, because I'm new to quilting. So far I love it.

zzzKW 06-21-2010 10:04 AM

:) I just finished putting my first quilt on this frame. It took me awhile to get it set up right, but I did it. I look at all kinds of frames, it is so confusing. And then I showed my husband this one. He though this would be the best one for me, because I'm new to quilting. So far I love it.

saf45 06-21-2010 10:34 AM

that is so cool,great idea

sandiannie 06-21-2010 10:58 AM

I saw a picture of this online and saved it to my pictures so I could make a pattern and make one :D ... I like it :D