Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My new Purse - new pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-purse-new-pattern-t75594.html)

AlyssaR 11-12-2010 09:15 AM

OMG! I love this purse. It is so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Annaquilts 11-12-2010 09:17 AM

Great job! Will you make a pattern to sell?

kristen0112 11-12-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Qbird
instead of cardboard a friend said she used plastic canvas(with the holes in it) to put in her sleeve, would be washable then, but just slipping it in, it would wander around and not stay "on the bottom" maybe will try to hand sew the "sleeve" to the bottom, but to make it washable would have to use a plastic instead of cardboard. (sigh) more hand work, more time spent? you are really creative, and making some neat purses! last one I made I used Dr. Seuss fabric--how cute is that? maybe the mega for a diaper bag? as you can see in my Avatar, I love Dr. Seuss- couldn't find fabric at the time so made my own.

That's a great idea to use the plastic canvas. I am sewing my second bag in this new pattern and this time I tried something similar to what I suggested yesterday and it was WAY easier than what I did on the first bag and makes it look more finished. On your next bow tuck bag slip that board in between before sewing up the hole. I think with the boxed corners it won't slip around like it would have on this little purse.

Dr Suess would be darling have you posted a picture and I just missed seeing it?

I have a friend whose requesting a purse for her sister whose really into that Red Hat thing. I believe I have seen fabric at Joann's with those hats on it. That will be cute

amma 11-12-2010 02:49 PM

This purse is adorable :D:D:D

The Quiet Quilter 11-12-2010 08:09 PM

You really do nice work.
Hugs, Sharon

Gerbie 11-12-2010 08:27 PM

Kristen,
Do you use batting in all of your purses? If so, what kind of batting do you use?

kristen0112 11-12-2010 09:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Kristen,
Do you use batting in all of your purses? If so, what kind of batting do you use?

I do use batting. I buy it from Wal-Mart its the fusible Pellon 973 batting. I found that they are the least expensive around $3.97 a yard. I also use a decorator fusible interfacing with some fabric combinations. Such as in the blue toile fabric and burlap bow tuck bag. The toile fabric was a decorator weight fabric - heavier than regular cotton fabric. I tried it with the fusible and it was so thick I kept breaking needles when sewing through all layers of fabric. On the second on one I did I used the interfacing on the outer layer and the fusible batting on the lining, handles and pockets it worked out well.

busygranny 11-12-2010 09:32 PM

You will have to let us know how many you sell at the show. Hope they all go. They are all beautiful. You do nice work. You should make an other red velvet and put a black handle on it. Rich, with red and black.

brenda21 11-12-2010 09:33 PM

Love it :)

NannySandy 11-14-2010 12:14 PM

Love it!