Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My new sewing area (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-sewing-area-t251376.html)

QuiltnNan 08-05-2014 05:52 AM

My new sewing area

3 Attachment(s)
Well, it's been a month in moving. The new apartment is so small, if everything I'm moving in was placed there all at once, there would not be room to move around. So I've done it in sections... sewing first, of course ;).
The sewing area takes up the living room's entire front wall. The cabinet on the left stores my backup sewing machine, the serger, and all the notions. The cutting table is on casters so the drawers on each side can be accessed... the quilting drawers are accessible on the left. Since I rarely do general sewing, those drawers are up against the sewing desk. The cutting mats and frequently used rules are stored on finishing nails on the front of the cutting table. The embroidery machine sits on a small shelf for ease of use and storage of hoops, etc. I still can't believe how much thread I have! The shelf above the peg board is the 'in progress' [aka UFOs] storage. I'm not allowed to start another project if there is no room left on the shelf :D.
The quilt frame takes up half of the bedroom. I had to give up my queen size bed... but very worth it :thumbup:. The 17" Bailey's sits on a Grace Majestic frame. I've not played yet because I'm waiting for my 3rd shipment of needed parts :(
My fabric stash is stored in the 3x4' storage room along with the quilt frame king extension that I don't have room for.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]486447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486448[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]486449[/ATTACH]

Kitty10628 08-05-2014 05:58 AM

Really great space! Its nice that there are windows in both of your sewing areas.

Mariposa 08-05-2014 05:59 AM

Well done in making the most of your space! :)

Diane007 08-05-2014 05:59 AM

wow you look very organized
nice

KnitnutBZ 08-05-2014 06:24 AM

Really nice. I just enlarged mine some. So nice to have your own space. Love all your theads

calla 08-05-2014 06:35 AM

Great your getting settled, nice windows...........your thread looks like a color wash picture, nice flow of color.

joyful1 08-05-2014 09:15 AM

Great looking sewing space.

wolph33 08-05-2014 09:58 AM

Nice space, enjoy

Quiltngolfer 08-05-2014 10:12 AM

It looks like a nice set-up. Now you are all organized and ready to sew. My sewing stuff is all set up in a small 10 x 12 bedroom. It is tight, but I made every inch count. The closet is full as well. I love to spend time in my little room sewing. It is across the hall from my husband's office so we can talk when he is in there on the computer. I like your nice windows and you have a wonderful selection of thread. Enjoy your new place.

GrammaNan 08-05-2014 10:30 AM

Very good use of space. You should be very happy in your new sewing area.