Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My new work in Progress - Long Story (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-work-progress-long-story-t177651.html)

jetmaio 01-31-2012 08:51 AM

My new work in Progress - Long Story

1 Attachment(s)
A few weeks ago someone posted a gorgeous quilt that had been quilted by a LAQ. I posted that I just loved it and wondered if there was a pattern for it. I was told it consisted of two blocks, one garden path and one 54/40 with a slight variation. The colors she used were golden browns, beige and blues. I have searched back posts and pictures to find the originators but couldn't. This is really a mystery quilt challenge for sure.

I duplicated what I thought it looked like in Electric Quilt 7 and made it king size for my bed. The original blocks I created were 12" but I soon found out that at that size I couldn't use any of the Accuquilt Go dies my DH had just bought me BUT by making the blocks 18" I could use several of them. My husband was happy about that and even volunteered to cut some blocks for me. I have to say it was a pleasure to have them line up so beautifully and with the size of the blocks they went together very fast. Someone just today had asked about making a quick quilt. Just with this block alone you would make a very fast and beautiful quilt.

As I finished 6 of my garden blocks I pinned them to my design wall for inspiration and found that all by themselves would be a gorgeous quilt with lots of LAQ spaces. Here is the picture of 6 of the 12 garden blocks, remember they are only pinned and waiting for the remaining blocks.

I hope the originator of this quilt feels flattered that I loved it so much. Will post more pictures once I'm along further.

crafty pat 01-31-2012 08:55 AM

Looking great. Be sure to show us the finished quilt.

Emma S 01-31-2012 08:56 AM

Wow, really lovely the way it is, keep us posted as you add the other blocks.

blueangel 01-31-2012 10:32 AM

Beautiful...

Jammin' Jane 01-31-2012 11:58 AM

Looks yummy! Nice job! :)

QuiltnNan 01-31-2012 02:25 PM

. :thumbup:

cwessel47 01-31-2012 03:48 PM

What are LAQ spaces? Do you mean space for quilting designs? I'm sorry. As a hand quilter, I feel left out when all the focus is on LAQ. For those of us who don't have the space of $$$ for the LAQ madness that is taking over the quilting scene - I just want you all to remember those of us who still produce our beauties the old fashioned way. One stitch at a time.

Tweety2911 01-31-2012 05:51 PM

Beautiful! Love the pattern and the color combination and leaves plenty of quilting space for the longarm!

Jingle 01-31-2012 05:56 PM

It will be quite pretty. I like the modern way of quilting quilts, much faster and I am all about speed.

intoquilting 01-31-2012 06:45 PM

Would you care to share the dies you used with your Go to make these blocks? I really like the blocks and the colors you are using are great.