Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My new yrs. catch up!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-yrs-catch-up-t100679.html)

Bill'sBonBon 02-17-2011 04:21 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Just wanted you guys to see what I have been doing for the last,seems like forever... I had a friend to pass away a in 2010. Her oldest DD ask me to make 4 Mem quilts out of her clothes. It was a difficult undertaking. One I am glad I did but dont ever want to do again. Her clothes were sent to me and most of her stuff was Tees,knits. I know I should have ask for bonding for them but I thought I could handle it my Way :!: Well I should have ask for the bonding. Anyway I did finish them learning a lot on the way. I used Dry sheets as a stabilizer, learning when you quilt the blocks it still streches even with a walking foot. :-o Got all 4 finshed just before Christmas.
Then decide I had stalled long enough,meaning I had several promised quilts that should be taken care of. So my 2011 things to do was get those done :thumbup: :thumbup:
After resting from Christmas. I did a whole cloth quilt for my BFF in Tenn. She found this at a yardsell and fell in love with it...
My MIL passed away several yrs. ago and I have had this material that is in diff. sizes and colors but the same pattern on them,That was hers. I was to make the quilts. Enough the 3 of here surviving childern to split. Didn't really know what to do with them. I just loved the material. It is stamp painted for a better word. This is the 1st one got the other SIL to sandwich and then quilt. My DH will have to wait a while longer. :-D I want to do something diff. with his. He really don't care as it all if girlie material. :-D After I finish with the other SIL Then it is time for ME :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: BillsBonBon

These quilts are alike but not alike. So the family could tell each apart.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149609[/ATTACH]

Very hard to do without the proper stablizer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]149627[/ATTACH]

Whole Cloth Quilt for my BFF in Tenn.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150266[/ATTACH]

Quilt from my deceased MIL Stash for her oldest DD
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150332[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 02-17-2011 04:23 PM

You are a WONDERFUL lady to do these! They are very pretty!

Celeste 02-17-2011 04:26 PM

Fabulous! That is such a great gift. Congrats on getting through without stabilizer and thanks for sharing your new found wisdom.

Lucymae 02-17-2011 04:26 PM

I did a T shirt quilt and know what you mean. Yours are lovely.. :thumbup:

dunster 02-17-2011 04:28 PM

It was very nice of you to make these gifts for the family. I'm sure they will love them.

Baysidegal 02-17-2011 05:35 PM

Very thoughtful of you to undertake such a mission. They will be cherished I am sure.

Jim's Gem 02-17-2011 06:01 PM

You did a wonderful job with all of them!!!

rockie8903 02-17-2011 06:02 PM

wonderful...they will be treasured

BizzieLizzie 02-18-2011 01:58 PM

Love them all! Thank you for sharing!