Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My newly redone sewing room! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-newly-redone-sewing-room-t216091.html)

Sewnoma 03-11-2013 07:49 AM

My newly redone sewing room!

5 Attachment(s)
I have a 10.5x10.5 bedroom that serves as my sewing/crafting/computer room. It's small and packed but I just spent about 3 days reorganizing and I'm so happy with the results!

Before: My sewing table has been a "desk" that I built by bolting a shelf to the wall. I made seventeen quilts in this cramped little space, and I fought my quilts the whole way.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401148[/ATTACH]

So I made this little area into my computer desk instead by adding a smaller shelf to hold my monitor...(which actually works surprisingly well since the desk top is batted and covered in vinyl, it's actually very ergonomic and comfy!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401149[/ATTACH]

And in the corner that used to hold my hulking, ugly, oversized computer desk...is now my lovely new big bright sewing corner!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401150[/ATTACH]

Another shot (so you can see that I even have a station for my official quilt inspector!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401151[/ATTACH]

I redid my cutting area a little bit too - this is a dining table that I raised up on those feet designed to make storage space under a bed; the new additions are my lovely new rails to hang my scissors and rulers from (they're kitchen organization rails from Ikea - perfect!), and I added a wire shelving unit under the table to organize my batting and pillow forms. (The curtain to the left is my closet; I took the doors off so I could get into it better with this table partially blocking it.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401152[/ATTACH]

I don't have pictures but I also completely reorganized all my stash into nice Sterilite drawer-bins and got my closet into a useable setup. This room has never been this well organized!

I just need to finish up a little bit of clean up and cord management and then I am so ready to make some LOVELY new quilts!

showmehow 03-11-2013 08:03 AM

Thats great, I have a small room also, I need to move my hubbies stuff out. He never uses it anyway, and get to organizing. Youve given me inspiration and lots of cool storage ideas. I really like it, thanks for the ideas.

Emma S 03-11-2013 08:10 AM

I just love your "tool rack", wow, wonder what it would be like to be able to find my tools.

Helen S 03-11-2013 08:28 AM

Looks great!

I wish you had posted these photos a couple of weeks ago, before I cut a hole in my table for my machine to drop into! LOL! I have the same folding tables and bet they would have been perfect for just what you did and I'd have had more table space for my work to "float" on! haha Oh, well

wolph33 03-11-2013 08:55 AM

very nicely done.you now have a more functional space-great job

Tartan 03-11-2013 08:56 AM

​It looks like a great space to create in!

nygal 03-11-2013 08:56 AM

It looks great!!

QUILTNMO 03-11-2013 09:00 AM

looks great my small bedroom is my sewing room i would love to get rid of bed in there i would have more space

Lori S 03-11-2013 09:01 AM

I too am loving your tool storage! Now to find those in my neck of the woods.

Mariposa 03-11-2013 09:02 AM

Your room looks terrific!! Great ideas for storage--thanks!