Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My purple Surf Song got a second place ribbon in our Quilt Show. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-purple-surf-song-got-second-place-ribbon-our-quilt-show-t254942.html)

Dina 10-08-2014 09:21 AM

My purple Surf Song got a second place ribbon in our Quilt Show.

1 Attachment(s)
My purple Surf Song got a second place ribbon in our Quilt Show. (I just posted two other quilts with ribbons, and I promise this will be the last.) This quilt I really intended to put in the show. No one had to talk me into it.

However, a lot of you helped me with this quilt, going all the way back to selecting the fabrics. I wanted to let you know how proud I am of it and how much I appreciate all your help.

The quilts on either side of the Surf Song are mine too. (I ended up entering 8 quilts, although I had only planned on entering 2. We had advertised over 100 quilts, and only 45 had been turned in by the deadline. We extended the deadline by a few days and all went home from the guild meeting, determined to add all the quilts we could. We ended up with 116. It was a beautiful show.)

Dina

crafty pat 10-08-2014 09:23 AM

So happy for you, it is a beauty. I love your other quilts also.

Tartan 10-08-2014 09:59 AM

Congratulations on another ribbon! It is a lot of work to get quilts ready for a show.

lynnie 10-08-2014 10:02 AM

you're quilts are beautiful and you deserve to show them off, and i for one will enjoy looking at them,
so please, show us more. good inspiration too.i love all your quilts. great job!

Barb in Louisiana 10-08-2014 10:21 AM

Very nice quilts. Congrats on all the ribbons.

Dina 10-08-2014 11:22 AM

Well, the ribbons surprised me. I don't have a competitive bone in my body....(just a persuasive sister who was in charge of our quilt show...:) )

Dina

BrendaK 10-08-2014 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6920218)
you're quilts are beautiful and you deserve to show them off, and i for one will enjoy looking at them,
so please, show us more. good inspiration too.i love all your quilts. great job!

I agree. BrendaK

rootyr 10-08-2014 11:49 AM

Awesome, awesome quilts!

ManiacQuilter2 10-08-2014 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 6920319)
Well, the ribbons surprised me. I don't have a competitive bone in my body....(just a persuasive sister who was in charge of our quilt show...:) )

Dina

I am NOT your sister but I keep telling you that you have excellent taste when you have selected fabric for all the quilts you have pieced and displayed on QB. Give her a YAHOO from me for a job well done. :)

Dina 10-08-2014 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 6920401)
I am NOT your sister but I keep telling you that you have excellent taste when you have selected fabric for all the quilts you have pieced and displayed on QB. Give her a YAHOO from me for a job well done. :)

Thanks, Joellyn, you are too kind. :)

Dina