Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Quilting Nook (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-quilting-nook-t111744.html)

hobo2000 03-29-2011 08:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I had to give up my Quilting Room when we moved our business back into the house due to the economics. This area is 3'x9'. The left 6 cubbies hold more than 100 yards of fabric(I counted it), my templates are in onr of the boxes, some of my rulers are on the eall others between the 2 cubbies. My radio, and below it my Euro-Pro Iron (love it). My ironing "board" hides behind the door when not in use. My FW sits where I use it the Brother is up against the window, the Janome is down behind the chair. I have to put the FW and Brother down to open the Treadle it sits on or to bring up the Janome. The TV is up to the right of the window. The cowboy blanket by the ironing board is Foxy's bed, he scoots as close to Mama as possible. This work quite well, I made 14 quilts last year and 4 so far this year. I move the Brother to the Dining Room table to quilt those I do not do on the LA which is at a friends house cause she has the room. So those of you complaining about so little room, it can work well, if you organize. Keep only current materials close at hand, store the others under the bed, in closets, wherever.

fabrichore 03-29-2011 08:39 AM

looks very cozy to me, and everything in arms length perfect...

luvstitches 03-29-2011 08:47 AM

It's all yours and within reach. Nice room.

lynnie k 03-29-2011 08:56 AM

I love it very cozy. love the window nice light for quilting an looking out to watch nature outside

qltncat 03-29-2011 08:58 AM

Looks great to me!

I moved from a 6X9' room built into our garage into a recently empty bedroom in the house, at my husband's insistance.

I had been there for 11 years, and I didn't want to move.

Now I have a lot of room and I can't find anything...

Linda

hobo2000 03-29-2011 01:14 PM

You are so right, my old sewing room was a mess. I thought I had to have everything out in plain sight or I didn't feel
comfortable. This setup just works and when I get tired I can lay down and watch TV LOL. It seems to keep me on track not looking at ALL of my fabric and WIP's, just the current 4 or 5 that I am working on. I rotate my fabric back to the closet when I finish a project. The new fabric goes on boards and into my cubby. Sooner or later all of my fabrics will either be on boards this way or used up. Thanks for looking.

jean1941 03-29-2011 01:21 PM

Love the machine brought me one the other day got to get new belt for it

QuiltnNan 03-29-2011 01:29 PM

as quilters, we make do with what we are given... scraps can make a beautiful quilt and small spaces can, as well.

missgigglewings 03-29-2011 01:36 PM

nice space and about the same size as mine! Is that a Dallas fleece throw on your bed? Go Cowboys!!

SuziC 03-29-2011 01:38 PM

You have really nice space even though you say it's small. I think it looks like a really cozy place to make great things!!!!