Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My recent projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-recent-projects-t35856.html)

adriansmom 02-02-2010 09:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have been a quilting fool this last weekend!! I quilted and bound a quilt for a baby shower, I made two table toppers, I bound a cheater panel for another baby that is due in May (I got lazy...I'll make him a better one later) and started working on an Irish Chain for the MIL..I believe it is a double chain. I hope I can keep this momentum going. I am yhinking about selling some of my stuff. I don't expect to make any money...nobody wants to pay what they really cost especially in this economy. I figure it's just money to help fund my hobby. Something is still more than zero...it will get me some fabric, right?? Anyways...enjoy!!

On the last topper I am trying something new. I drew a quilt pattern on wash-away stabilizer and then used my FMQ foot. I just need to throw it in the washer and the stabilizer will wash out. The quilting looks ok...could be better. I just need to practice.

cheater panel...I was lazy!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37675[/ATTACH]

finished for baby shower
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37676[/ATTACH]

table topper-kit from local LQS
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37677[/ATTACH]

same table topper pattern...diff colors. I also used a pattern for the quilting and used FMQ foot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37734[/ATTACH]

amma 02-02-2010 11:06 PM

WOW!!! You were busy!!! I love them all :D:D:D

SulaBug 02-02-2010 11:17 PM

OMG!!:D How on earth were you able to get so much done over the weekend? Each one of your projects is wonderful. You do very nice sewing. Keep up the good work & remember to keep sharing with all of us!!
:D :D :D :D

adriansmom 02-03-2010 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
OMG!!:D How on earth were you able to get so much done over the weekend? Each one of your projects is wonderful. You do very nice sewing. Keep up the good work & remember to keep sharing with all of us!!
:D :D :D :D

I locked myself in my sewing room!! I spent Sunday at my mom's and I got most of it finished. The baby shower quilt top was done..just had to quilt and bind. The cheater panel just needed to be bound. The table toppers took no time at all...couple hours start to finish. I do any hand sewing at dialysis. I have to go M-W-F for 4hrs each time. Since I have to be there at 6AM...there really is nothing to watch on TV. I either do some word finds or sew. I got an MP3 for Christmas so I just put in the earphones and turn up the music!! Did you know that the soundtrack from the movie "Dirty Dancing" is perfect to listen to when quilting?? I turn it on and turn it up. As my dear son Adrian says..."Let's get this party started!!!"

earthwalker 02-03-2010 01:52 AM

I love the little Snoopy and Woodstock...very cute, and the toppers are beautiful too. The babyshower gift is really good...your fabric selections are really spot on.

rootyr 02-03-2010 03:02 AM

Oh so nice! Great job!

mpspeedy 02-03-2010 04:18 AM

Amazing what we can acomplish when we lock ourselves away. Nice job on all of the projects.

jewelps 02-03-2010 04:48 AM

WOW you have been busy, that first quilt is so cute, you did a wonderful job on all of them :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

pocoellie 02-03-2010 05:12 AM

Great job on all. Glad you're keeping yourself busy.LOL

MamaBear61 02-03-2010 05:26 AM

Great job and wow did you cover alot of ground this weekend