Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My recnet quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-recnet-quilts-t72897.html)

seasaw2mch 10-28-2010 05:57 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Ok I finally finished the Quilts for the families in my son's unit that lost their husbands in Afghanistan this past month

AJ never got to see his dad, as he is only 1 month old. The guys in the unit wanted to do something that he could have in memory of his dad so they asked if I could make a quilt for him that they all could sign. I add the quilt for Savanna as well so she also would have something from them to help her through this rough time.

The McAninch family also lost their husband/father. His wife now has 5 children to raise on her own. Well not completely alone as they are well supported but you know what I mean. For them I made a wall hanging that the guys could sign as well.

I wish I could do more but I did the best I could. All 3 will be in the mail tomorrow.

Baby AJ's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91038[/ATTACH]

Baby AJ's Center block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91039[/ATTACH]

Wife Savanna's Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91040[/ATTACH]

Savanna's close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91041[/ATTACH]

forgot to add back of AJ's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91042[/ATTACH]

McAninch's wall haning
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91429[/ATTACH]

this is the center block I had to draw this out and took me half a day to do but I think it was worth every minute of my time
[ATTACH=CONFIG]91586[/ATTACH]

Latrinka 10-28-2010 05:58 PM

Awe, I love these. they are beautiful!

sueisallaboutquilts 10-28-2010 05:59 PM

Those are beautiful and it makes me so sad to think of their loss :(
God bless you for making them.

bjnicholson 10-28-2010 06:00 PM

How sweet and what a wonderful thing for you to do for these poor kids. I know they will treasure their quilts forever.

Quilter4HireAndFun 10-28-2010 06:00 PM

Wonderful quilts. Your note brings tears to my eyes. May God bless the work of your hands. And may His face shine down upon the families that will receive these.

May God protect the rest of the Unit.

Ramona Byrd 10-28-2010 06:03 PM

These are lovely, and the shattered family will treasure them.

We can only pray for these brave young men and women. And thank them for being in the front line to protect us.

Only 2 people are prepared to die for us, Jesus and the servicemen and women.

Not politicians, but brave young folks whose families will miss them all their lives.

wolfkitty 10-28-2010 06:06 PM

Absolutely gorgeous quilts! Thank you for supporting them at this most difficult time.

littlehud 10-28-2010 06:08 PM

What a sad reason for quilts yet they are beautiful. You have done a wonderful thing for them.

Honey 10-28-2010 06:14 PM

What an absolutely wonderful thing for you to do. God Bless you and these families.

wolph33 10-28-2010 06:16 PM

great quilts,so sad for their loss.my son in law was in Iraq 3 times.he is now out of the service