Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My scrap quilt. lol you can laugh at it I won't mind. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-scrap-quilt-lol-you-can-laugh-i-wont-mind-t109371.html)

ann clare 03-22-2011 04:06 PM

Beautiful

Sistergoldenhair 03-22-2011 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by the old one
When you have read all the good comments about your quilt, hold your head up high, and admit you made a unique piece, that will not be duplicated. piecefully, the old one p.s. I think it is charming.

I am so overwhelmed with all the comments. Thank you everyone for all the nice comments. Im still reading them. All I can say is WOW. Im glad everyone likes it I had alot of fun making it. Just thought I could of done better at arranging the blocks. But the opinions on here make think "I did good"
Since Im new to all this I am very tickled.

GloBug 03-22-2011 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sistergoldenhair
I made this quilt over the past couple weeks. I had alot of scraps and though why not. I didn't put much thought into the placement of the blocks. I mean I have a design I guess but I didn't pay attention to the colors. I prolly could of placed them around in a better way. But it is what it is. lol I laughed at it when I finished. But dh liked it. Only thing he said was it wasn't big enough for him to wrap up in. HA! it is all mine now. I will use it while watching tv. I also did all the quilting by hand that is why I didn't post a close up. ha ha again. I am still trying to get the nerve to quilt on my machine. One day I will get there. My pic is a little off center buy hey what can I say. I did have fun making this.

not laughing, loving it.

Sistergoldenhair 03-22-2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingsavta
I also think it's great. I have been saving odds and ends from quilts that I've made these past 19 years or so. Extra blocks that I didn't use or those I made just to practice, the 2 inch block I just couldn't bear to throw away, the triangles cut from doing flying geese, etc. One of these days, I am going to put them all in a quilt like this. Nothing will match and the colors will all be a big mish mash, but it will have the memories for me to wrap myself up in.

lol You sound like me. I was scrambling around saving scrap pieces from the scrap pieces I used in this quilt. I could't throw them away either.

Sistergoldenhair 03-22-2011 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by TexasGurl
Love it ! Scrap quilts don't need to have a rhyme or reason :)

I am learning that fast here. Thank you!

Sistergoldenhair 03-22-2011 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2trees
I am a beginer so this looks like something I could do I hope

I am not very experienced in the quilt making department myself. lol I have been sewing since I was 8 years old. My mom and grandma taught me well. lol But never started making quilts till recently. I am really getting the fever now. Im working on another quilt now. But I am going to make it from a pattern I bought.
You can do anything you set your mind to. My grandma always told me that. And she is right.

Sistergoldenhair 03-22-2011 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by debcavan
Wow, and you hand quilted it. Actually I have a friend that loves to hand quilt in the winter. The quilt keeps her warm while she works. I love the colors. I hope you enjoy it a lot. I know I would feel great cuddled under it

thank you, I too like to lay the quilt on my lap to keep me warm when I do them. lol Quilts are great that way. Someday I will try machine quilting. But I really enjoy stitching by hand when I watch tv.

Sistergoldenhair 03-22-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
OK Im laughing (at me) . Cause I can see a rhyme or reason.. you did eight blocks across with similarity and I forgot how many down... then a border of blocks then a border of strips

Great Job from one scrappy quilter to another.. it looks great... :thumbup: :thumbup:

I thought it looked better layed out on the floor before I put it together. But the more I look at it now. And after reading all these wonderful comments. I must say I like it more and more.

Stitchit123 03-22-2011 04:30 PM

I like it, it has an old timey feel to it

Sistergoldenhair 03-22-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
You sound like me. Just put them together "willie Nillie" It is beautiful!

lol love your comment