Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-room-t20420.html)

greeley-gal 05-21-2009 06:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the room my husband built for me. He did all the cabinets and bookcase. Also put a sink in the corner upon my insistance :D I love all the natural light from the windows. This room was supposed to be a guest room but my dh said he thought I would enjoy it far more as a sewing/craft room than an overnight guest would - he is right on!

I have a large window that givew wonderful light to my working space on the large table.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34586[/ATTACH]

My large working table was once in a local dept. store. I purchased it nearly 30 yrs. ago and it has been in use as a sewing table since. It has large pull out shelves on 2 sides - great for storing all my "stash"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34891[/ATTACH]

My serger and sewing machine sit on a white table by a window - the white table makes it easier to see when sewing. My dh made the thread holder that sits in the corner of the table.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34900[/ATTACH]

pocoellie 05-21-2009 06:54 PM

You're going to make everyone jealous.LOL My old sewing room was 500 sq. ft., my new one is 9 1/2 x 15. Barely big enough for my cutting table and sewing desk Luckily, it's only temporary for about 2 years, hopefully, possibly sooner, but probably not.

kluedesigns 05-21-2009 06:58 PM

its just beautiful. it seems your DH is an artist too.

omak 05-21-2009 07:04 PM

What a grand room!
How long have you been in it?
And, then I have a question about your table ... what are the measurements? As in, how tall?
And, the table your sewing machines rest on, is it specially made also?
what would the height of that be?
And, then <g> ... where do you quilt your quilts? Do you move the serger so that you use your sewing machine in that corner?
I am also noticing that you don't have a lot of walking around room ... that must really inspire working, cuz you don't have room to see the threads, right? LOL ...
Yep, I agree ... you and hubby are a talented team.

Debbie1 05-21-2009 07:08 PM

Very nice - your husband is a keeper!

Jim's Gem 05-21-2009 07:10 PM

Beautiful room!!! Love all those cabinets and that cutting table is great!!!

greeley-gal 05-21-2009 07:11 PM

I waited 2 years for this room - we built a new, smaller house and I was without my sewing equipment for those 2 years. It was workt waiting for.

greeley-gal 05-21-2009 07:12 PM

He is a keeper - he retired 10 yrs. ago (Radiologist) . He has always enjoyed building things and wood work.

kluedesigns 05-21-2009 07:13 PM

OMG 2 years without sewing - i would die

greeley-gal 05-21-2009 07:22 PM

I've had my room for a little less than a year.
My large table is 36" tall, and 60" square.
I only do wall hangings on my machine. Large things I will take to a friend who has a long arm quilter.
Well actually, there is nice space at each end of my table - almost 8' to the end wall where my machines are and about 4' at the other end where my cabinets are. Not big spaces on each side but more than enuff.
I'll keep my dh a bit longer, I hope - only had him for 51 yrs. so far.