Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Sewing Space - A Crowded Frontier (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sewing-space-crowded-frontier-t129556.html)

Jennalyn 06-10-2011 07:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I live with my parents and brother in a small house. Space is tight! My bedroom is pretty much the only place I can work on projects of any sort. Consequently, I try to maximize space wherever possible and go for space-saving solutions when I can find them.

Mom and I were both quilting tonight after helping hang quilts for the Annapolis Quilt Show tomorrow. Guess we both felt inspired!

The first picture shows my primary sewing space and comfy chair, which is also my computer chair. Miss Anise sits so nicely on the small work surface! (You'll notice the bobbin ran out in that picture...) And on the wall behind are my closet and my storage cubes for a variety of objects, fabric included. A full-sized ironing board fits between the storage and my chair quite nicely when I need it.

Included is a closeup of Miss Anise... because she's just so pretty! Best little piecing machine ever. She saw her fair share of wear and tear before she found her way to me. Lots of character in this girl!

My Dad gave me his old foldout card table a few weeks ago, for which I am profoundly grateful. It fits perfectly in my room's open floor space for when I need more work surfaces. Strips, strips, and more strips! Also, a dresser, a bed, and drinkables.

Next is Mom working on her quilt! The bed serves as even more work surface and the portable ironing board can be used as needed in cramped quarters.

Her finished top! Still needs borders, but this is her first top ever and it's just gorgeous. I love her colors!

craftybear 06-10-2011 07:43 PM

great job, have fun sewing

snicker dee 06-10-2011 07:45 PM

Lovely colorful quilt

cowgirlquilter 06-10-2011 07:46 PM

Awesome way to use just a small space.....love the quilt, too....

BETTY62 06-10-2011 07:49 PM

Wow, love how you have arranged your room to make more space for quilting. I need to take lessons from you. Your Mom's quilt top is awesome. I wish my Mom would quilt with me.

anniec55 06-10-2011 07:49 PM

Love it!!! and the quilt too!

Maia B 06-10-2011 08:03 PM

Very cool! Clever set up. I have that same small iron. Gets nice and hot, very light and manueverable for pressing units and blocks. Love that quilt, great colors.

wolph33 06-10-2011 08:10 PM

a small space is better than no space,enjoy your featherweight

CAgirl1 06-10-2011 08:19 PM

At least you are able to sew. I agree with Wolph33, small space is better than no space.

Also, your mom is doing an amazing job on her quilt. Please be sure to show it when it is complete.

candlequilter 06-10-2011 08:34 PM

Your quilt top is looking gorgeous! I love all the color.

Your machine looks happy there on her counter space.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter