Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Shopping Trip Finds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-shopping-trip-finds-t129369.html)

Becky Crafts 06-10-2011 02:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I went to JoAnn's for a yard of background fabric I'm using in a quilt I'm working on. I told DH I would get 1 yard of it. While there, I noticed they had some Christmas stuff out & I had to check them out!! I've been searching for just the right piece of red to put in a table topper I liked & after over a year of searching, I'm ready to make do. I saw this red & it's so close to what I wanted! I put it in the cart. The primitive ornaments I'm making, I intend to binde with red or green pinstripe cut on bias...there they were in front of me. They too jumped in my wagon. Since I always try to be frugal because we don't have much, I was at war with myself all the way to the cutting table. With coupons, I saved $9.50 got my fabric guilt-free! This is what I got...

blueangel 06-10-2011 03:21 AM

Beautiful fabric.

Barbm 06-10-2011 03:23 AM

great job! I love to coupon.

Just-Lee 06-10-2011 03:29 AM

I love Joann's since that is what is closest to me. The only problem that I find with them, is when they have a ton of coupons in their mailer, you can't use them hardly because everything is already on sale! Maybe some have not noticed this so much, but it drives me bonkers!

auntpiggylpn 06-10-2011 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
I love Joann's since that is what is closest to me. The only problem that I find with them, is when they have a ton of coupons in their mailer, you can't use them hardly because everything is already on sale! Maybe some have not noticed this so much, but it drives me bonkers!

I have noticed this too. This was a recent change I think for them. Hobby Lobby does the same thing. Usually all fabric is 30% everyday and their coupon can only be used on seasonal fabrics.

Becky Crafts 06-10-2011 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee

Yes, since the new owner ours has gotten real picky about coupons & no longer uses Michael's coupons like they used to. I was just lucky because none of what I got was on sale.

FloridaQuilter 06-10-2011 03:49 AM

Wonderful blend of fabrics. Do you know how you are going to use them?

Becky Crafts 06-10-2011 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by FloridaQuilter
Wonderful blend of fabrics. Do you know how you are going to use them?

The light color is for the quilt you see a block of in my Avatar along with the fat quarters, the red & green pinstripes are for bias binding for some primitive soft Christmas ornaments I'm making my girls for Christmas and the red is for a table topper I've been wanting to make & searching for just the right fabric for.

vic 06-10-2011 04:00 AM

Great find. Love the red/gold.