Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My sister made me a lap quilt. Awesome surprise! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-sister-made-me-lap-quilt-awesome-surprise-t79563.html)

dsb38327 11-29-2010 05:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
One of my sisters is a member of the Quiltingboard. Her name is Joan and her board name is jabear617.
She is such a sweetheart and peace maker. She finds a way to make you talk about the things you like, what you did with your day, etc. She would call me.
Joan: Whatcha doin.
Dorothy: Readying the Quiltingboard.
Joan: What is the Quiltingboard.
Dorothy: A large group of quilters showing pictures of their quilts, talking about quilts and things they have made, teaching us stuff. I learn so much.
Joan: But sister, you already know how to sew.
Dorothy: No, I am learning now. I was just 'doing it' before and I didn't know what I was doing.
Joan: Oh.
Dorothy: Want to see some of my post? This is the link.
Joan: Okay.
Joan became a member in September! :thumbup:
She thought she did not know how to quilt. She knows more than she remembers that she knew.
I adopted her on the Quiltingboard. She has read posts, searched, watched videos and tutorials. She bought a sewing machine, got the suggested tools and look what she made me to show me how much she has learned in such a short time.
This lap quilt is so precious to me. I was emotional when it arrived. My grandson was on the phone with Joan as I opened it. He said "Aunt Joan, Grandma really likes her present. She is crying. She likes it very much".
Thank you sweet sister. I keep it by my machine so I can enjoy it while I sew. It is perfect to put my sewing odds and ends on. Keep up the good work and enjoy the moment.

I think the bird in an Oreole. Right?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135904[/ATTACH]

Some of the fabric came from our Mother's stash. Some is Joan's new stuff!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135905[/ATTACH]

Such pretty fabric on the back. Her binding is nice.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135907[/ATTACH]

I put my brick a brack on it as I sew. I just love it. It makes me smile. It makes me feel good.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]135908[/ATTACH]

MamaBear61 11-29-2010 05:01 PM

Very pretty.

marymm 11-29-2010 05:02 PM

What a sweet story! And what a really pretty throw....

amma 11-29-2010 05:03 PM

Awwww now you have me tearing up too!!! What a beautiful quilt!!! :D:D:D

erstan947 11-29-2010 05:04 PM

How thoughtful. I know it is one of your favorite treasures. Enjoy!

sweet 11-29-2010 05:11 PM

Sisters are the best!

craftybear 11-29-2010 05:17 PM

how cool, it is so much fun to chat and help others on the quilting board

Colorful Quilter 11-29-2010 05:20 PM

LOVE the quilt, you're right! it is a happy quilt and so nice that the 2 of you have something in common and can share

emptyshellamy 11-29-2010 05:26 PM

What a beautiful quilt & story, no one appreciates the love that goes into a quilt better than a fellow quilter.

Jingle 11-29-2010 05:34 PM

Your Sister Joan sure learns fast, she did a great job on it. Good for both of you.