Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Twister in progress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-twister-progress-t82168.html)

Shemjo 01-26-2011 11:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. There are 2 sizes of the tool. When you use the large one, the leftovers are the right size to make the smaller twists! There is about an inch and a half square left over when it is all done. There is some left over for the border material, but the center squares pretty much get used up!
I sewed all the little left overs together, and after I was done found one on the floor! ooops! But this is a good scrap quilt!

All that was left over from the 10 inch squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168506[/ATTACH]

mbogenpohl 01-26-2011 12:21 PM

Very pretty! I havent tried this quit pattern yet!

klgreene 01-26-2011 12:26 PM

Ok, am I correct in, you used 10" sqaures with the large twister template( not sure how big it is). And the scrap squares large enough to use the little 3 1/2" template? And this is the left overs, not using for twisters. I love the little twisters on the sides. I tried to make a tiny miniature using 1 1/2" squares, but that made the template to tiny. But I'll keep trying until I can make a miniature of this. I just love this pattern. I did make one using a 2 1/2" template.

paintedquilt 01-26-2011 12:34 PM

Nice :-P

quilter2 01-26-2011 12:34 PM

I love the way your quilt turned out, it's beautiful, I really like the little twister's on the side but don't understand how you did them, are they in the border?

Shemjo 01-26-2011 12:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures as I went. I sewed the left over squares from the middle together and attached a border.

two strips of the left overs with borders
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168536[/ATTACH]

I cut out the small twists
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168537[/ATTACH]

I placed the twists in position
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168544[/ATTACH]

quilter2 01-26-2011 01:20 PM

Thanks for explaining this, I think I understand. What size is your finished quilt? This is the nicest one I've seen using the twister tool.

Shemjo 01-26-2011 01:24 PM

This one is between single and double sized. I don't have that info at hand, but these can be made any size, just increase the number of squares that you start with. Any amount that make a square or rectangle and gofrom there. Any size from a baby quilt/lap quilt to California King. It is a fun one to play with.

Leann 01-26-2011 01:26 PM

Very nice

alaskasunshine 01-26-2011 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried this horrible nightmare of a quilt, it got tossed out! I am not at all clear as to how you did yours. Could you please explain in detail how you got them all connected. Your quilt is very pretty and so colorful I love it. I think I've seen your individule blocks sashed but not blended together. That is so pretty! :thumbup:

this is so ugly, I had to stop and horribly confusing too!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]168579[/ATTACH]