Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My very FIRST quilt ever.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-very-first-quilt-ever-t112473.html)

pamkasperi 03-31-2011 09:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Below is the very first quilt I ever made. Ok - its what I thought a quilt was and I thought I did pretty darn good....

There is no batting - had no idea what that even was...its pretty squared - well rectangled - but even - I made it 11 years ago when my daughter went from Brownies to Juniors in Girl Scouts. There is a matching pillow somewhere with pictures of her - what is so funny on the pillow is it is white but for some reason I used red thread!

I'm going to take it apart at least on the side and put some batting in and actually quilt it for her before she leaves for college this summer - I'm thinking of expanding it to put all of her patches she earned since Brownies on it but I don't know about that yet.

front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178078[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178080[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 03-31-2011 09:20 PM

Pam, I think it's adorable!!
You couldn't pay me to show you my first lol

BETTY62 03-31-2011 09:20 PM

Ho cute. She will love it.

pamkasperi 03-31-2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Susan - I actually forgot I had made that. I was getting stuff out the hall closet for my garage sale and it was up there in one of those vacuum bags....

While at this point its not really a quilt - I thought so at the time - I think she will be surprised when she see's it tomorrow - I'm not going to do anything to it until I ask her - she is one of my picky one's and loves home-made clothes and blankets so I don't want to change it if she likes it the way it is!

d.rickman 03-31-2011 09:53 PM

Amazing for your first quilt, great job and good memories for you.

sueisallaboutquilts 03-31-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts

Susan - I actually forgot I had made that. I was getting stuff out the hall closet for my garage sale and it was up there in one of those vacuum bags....

While at this point its not really a quilt - I thought so at the time - I think she will be surprised when she see's it tomorrow - I'm not going to do anything to it until I ask her - she is one of my picky one's and loves home-made clothes and blankets so I don't want to change it if she likes it the way it is!

That's very thoughtful of you!! :thumbup:

Pickles 03-31-2011 10:18 PM

I love your first quilt and what a treasure for you DD. now to have, that was a sweet thing to do for her. :D :thumbup:

connie_1936 03-31-2011 10:42 PM

if you take it apart why not add her new school colors to the border.

SueDor 04-01-2011 04:03 AM

Nice memories!