Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Walking in a Winter Wonderland quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-walking-winter-wonderland-quilt-t192110.html)

buddy'smom 06-18-2012 09:03 AM

My Walking in a Winter Wonderland quilt

4 Attachment(s)
This is my purple walking in a winter wonderlad quilt, have to bind it, not sure if I'm happy with the results or not???

ediedarlene 06-18-2012 09:14 AM

Yeah, I see what you mean, I wouldn't keep it if I were you; here's my address, you can send it to me and I won't show anyone,promise!!!!!!!

ediedarlene 06-18-2012 09:16 AM

Just kidding!!!! That is one gorgeous quilt!!!!! I LOVE how it turned out!! The purple is such a unique color change from red and green. It's beautiful and you should be very proud of it. If itwere me I'd probably hang it so everyone could see it!!!!

buddy'smom 06-18-2012 09:18 AM

Thanks so much, I do love purple. I making over the river now for my son, he wanted his all done in black/white.

BrendaK 06-18-2012 09:27 AM

That is one beautiful quilt. It looks like it took a lot of time. You did a great job on the quilt and the quilting. Love purple. But......can't wait to see the black/white one. Thanks for sharing. BrendaK

crafty pat 06-18-2012 09:28 AM

Very beautiful quilt. You have done such lovely quilting. Looking at makes me feel cool here in hot SC Texas.

Maresan 06-18-2012 09:32 AM

You did all that quilting??? Wonderful job

buddy'smom 06-18-2012 09:35 AM

Oh no, I didn't quilt the quilts, a local quilter did them. I was hoping for some snowflakes, but!!!!

Originally Posted by Maresan (Post 5298298)
You did all that quilting??? Wonderful job

burchquilts 06-18-2012 09:42 AM

It's awful! Tell you what... I'll be an angel & take it off your hands so you don't have to have such a disgrace in your house... KIDDING! I love it! I've been saving embroidered snowman blocks & snowflake fabrics for a winter quilt for eons. Seeing yours might actually make me get with the program... especially since it's supposed to be close to 100 degrees here today & I need to think about cold things. THIS IS A SPECTACULAR QUILT! I love it!

buddy'smom 06-18-2012 09:47 AM

Thanks so much. I could work on Christmas year round. Have you seen the new pattern by Crab-apple hill- Merry little Christmas? I want to start on the one, reminds me of when I was a little kid and we had the bubble lights on the tree. I will use a different center in mine.

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5298332)
It's awful! Tell you what... I'll be an angel & take it off your hands so you don't have to have such a disgrace in your house... KIDDING! I love it! I've been saving embroidered snowman blocks & snowflake fabrics for a winter quilt for eons. Seeing yours might actually make me get with the program... especially since it's supposed to be close to 100 degrees here today & I need to think about cold things. THIS IS A SPECTACULAR QUILT! I love it!