Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Weekend of learning and fun... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-weekend-learning-fun-t129985.html)

roseOfsharon 06-12-2011 02:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I went to the Annapolis Quilt Guild Quilts By The Bay Show Sat. and Sun.

I did my best not to spend too much :) and actually did very well in that area. I purchased a few patterns, a strip tube ruler, three resale books ( celtic style floral applique`by Scarlett rose, Perfect Pineapples by Jane Hall and Dixie Haywood and An Encyclopedia of ribbon Embroidery Flowers by Deanna Hall West.), some Scrap bags for $2.00 each and an old thread holder w/pincushion.

I attended some Demo classes and learned a few things I didn't know and some that I don't care to know!! LOL. I enjoyed sitting in on the Quilt as you go Jacket Demo, Raw edge applique`, Magic in the Middle (batting), English paper piecing w/plastic templates and a demo Using charm packs and strip sets.

Now for the torture part! The Demo class was Weaving w/ fabric! Now let me tell you, it was not easy one bit! Or myself and others have a left brain block! lol I will show you pictures of that and if anyone has ever done this and enjoyed it and can demo it here on the board, I will be the frist student there to learn what I didn't learn. :)

I hope you will enjoy the pictures I have taken of some of the Quilts displayed. I was not there for the posting of winning quilts.

Books I purchased
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210527[/ATTACH]

Patterns
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210528[/ATTACH]

Scrap fabric and ruler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210529[/ATTACH]

Thread holder w/ pincushion
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210530[/ATTACH]

Project Fabric Weaving....My attempt!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210572[/ATTACH]

roseOfsharon 06-12-2011 02:55 PM

23 Attachment(s)
Pictures of the Quilts at the show:

My friend Bobbi made this...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210548[/ATTACH]

She does such lovely work both quilting and embroidering
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210551[/ATTACH]

Miniture Catagory
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210552[/ATTACH]

Miniture Catagory
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210553[/ATTACH]

Miniture Catagory
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210554[/ATTACH]

Miniture Catagory
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210555[/ATTACH]

Miniture Catagory
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210556[/ATTACH]

BeeNana 06-12-2011 03:17 PM

You did some fun shopping. A big thank you for sharing your pictues of these awesome gems.
BTW you can keep the fabric weaving......LOL LOL

roseOfsharon 06-12-2011 03:17 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This is an actual mini quilt of the pattern I purchased to try my hand at over time. It just said me when I saw it and so I just Had to have it!!

When I get the chance to start on this sweet little gem, I may ask for some wee pieces of wool for certain parts. If that is ok :)

virtualbernie 06-12-2011 03:17 PM

I wish I had known you were going, we could have met up! :cry:

DeeBooper 06-12-2011 03:18 PM

thank you for the pictures and wow you got some real neat stuff

roseOfsharon 06-12-2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I wish I had known you were going, we could have met up! :cry:

Awwww Bernie, I would of truly enjoyed having had the opportunity to have met up with you and shared in the experiences of the demo's too! Maybe we can plan on one that is coming up near to us???

roseOfsharon 06-12-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
thank you for the pictures and wow you got some real neat stuff

You're quite welcome. I enjoyed it so much and sharing the quilts is so much fun!

roseOfsharon 06-12-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by BeeNana
You did some fun shopping. A big thank you for sharing your pictues of these awesome gems.
BTW you can keep the fabric weaving......LOL LOL

Laughing here! I said the same at the end of the class!!

DeniseB 06-12-2011 03:37 PM

What great quilts. Thanks for taking the time to post them.